Fort Chiswell @ Graham

starcityfootballfan

Fort was called for illegal motion 6 times that I recall. Had their fair share of penalties.

illegal motion is a bit easier to spot than a center moving the ball if that is what he did to take adavantage of an aggressive front as ghs seems to have.

Refs didn't call it so he was not doing it. Coach Williams in Bluefield Daily Telegraph said they adjusted to cadence in second half and had no offside penalties.

This is the direct quote from the Daily Telegraph....

“We fixed that in the second half,” Williams said of Graham’s penalties which totaled 50 yards in the first half. “They did what we thought they would as far as trying to get us to jump offside and they still got us. We fixed it at halftime and didn’t happen in the second half.”

Nothing about the cadence in there... Not taking anything away from Fort, they are a good team... Just criticizing the refs for not making the right call on more than one occasion.... At least somebody on Graham's sidelines saw what was happening and made an adjustment. I would love to see these two teams play again....

Graham's inability to take advantage of having the ball deep in FC's territory late....and FC's ability to drive down the field at the end of the game is what won it for Fort.....

Was out of town for Grayson-Graham-Your take on the game.

Not sure if you're asking me...but here goes my two cents (probably worth less than that)

Grayson dominated Graham at the line of scrimmage...... Graham's line is their achilles hill.... they are improved from last year...but still not where they need to be.

Graham needs to be able to keep pace with scoring with teams like Galax, FC and Grayson....defensively they can't stop the trap plays and the power running game like they should....Grayson basically ran the ball off-tackle down their throats Fort had success running the ball with Hamm in the 2nd half as well. A couple of big plays by Graham on Fort is what kept them in that game..

Graham should be very solid next year... they have a decent team this year, but need to put it together in all 3 phases of the game, consistently.

Edited by futbolking