BDD on the line

redtiger

Here it is, the end of the regular season and like always its down to Haysi and Honaker to see who is gonna win the BDD Title.

I think Red has found their groove and will be able to put up some points on offense. The problem will be slowing down the Honaker offense. Honaker is the bigger team and that will be a real problem for Haysi.

Haysi by 1 score

by the way. The game will be on saturday right? and what time?

Here it is, the end of the regular season and like always its down to Haysi and Honaker to see who is gonna win the BDD Title.

I think Red has found their groove and will be able to put up some points on offense. The problem will be slowing down the Honaker offense. Honaker is the bigger team and that will be a real problem for Haysi.

Haysi by 1 score

by the way. The game will be on saturday right? and what time?

Haysi 21-20

I dont think Honaker can throw the ball on Haysi, atleast not enough to beat Haysi. If Honaker cant beat Haysi with the power run then they cant beat Haysi. Thats been the story for the past 3 decades.

I may have to eat my words saturday evening but I dont think so.

I know this has nothing to do with this game but Phelps made the playoffs. The fighting Hornets (0-9) take on Fairview (10-0) this week in the 1st. round. Who knew you guys were playing a playoff contender.:rolleyes:

Im assuming we picked up Phelps because it was them or no one. Its tough filling out a schedule if you are Haysi. That being said, Phelps is terrible and I hope we dont play them next season(and I dont think we will).

While were off the topic, what are some good A/AA midlevel teams in eastern KY?

Im assuming we picked up Phelps because it was them or no one. Its tough filling out a schedule if you are Haysi. That being said, Phelps is terrible and I hope we dont play them next season(and I dont think we will).

While were off the topic, what are some good A/AA midlevel teams in eastern KY?

For a potential opponent?or just talking about the KY playoffs?

Teams in A and AA that can squeak out 4-6 wins probably Jenkins(4 wins this year),Betsy Layne(7 wins but a TOUGH crowd at BL),Pikeville(5 wins this year, a little down for them),Shelby Valley(3 wins this year and they have a nice turf field), and then you have 8-9 wins a year in Belfry,Pike County Central, and Hazard.

The ones I listed are a easy drive on 23 but there is a couple like Pike Central and Belfry you would have to turn right off at the Pikeville Walmart and travel a short distance. Hazard would be your longest drive but it's still better than going to Giles or that Sullivan Co team you guys played a couple of years ago.

Riverview WV wouldn't be bad, instead of turning off at Rockhouse Mtn. towards Hurley travel on up Slate Creek and travel across Bradshaw Mtn. to Riverview.

Haysi prefers to play teams in the 250-500 enrollment range. We already play most of those schools in far SWVA(outside of Lebanon who I would like to see us play).

Pikeville would be a good game for Haysi imo. Does Riverview play any VA teams? dont know if they would be willing. I like seeing new teams on the schedule, so KY and WV are where im interested

Last time we played Jenkins they were terrible. SV is a little better but still pretty weak. Lookin for better than that lol this is just for my curosity by the way

Jenkins has a good team this yr...Clintwood played Shelby Valley 2 times and they were good competition...

I don't think Riverview has so far but Mitch probably would play you guys. He coached at Ieager and they played Hurley,maybe Grundy. Big Creek always played Hurley,Garden/TV,and I think Grundy,maybe in a two year cycle. Riverview needs to win this week to make the playoffs 3 out of 3 years of existance.

Haysi prefers to play teams in the 250-500 enrollment range. We already play most of those schools in far SWVA(outside of Lebanon who I would like to see us play).

Pikeville would be a good game for Haysi imo. Does Riverview play any VA teams? dont know if they would be willing. I like seeing new teams on the schedule, so KY and WV are where im interested

Look up KHSSAA and it should give you the enrollments of each school. We play East Ridge and they are 3A in KY but 2A in VA.

Last time we scrimmaged Eastridge they had really made strides. Pretty competitive team(took it to us that year). I was lookin at the KHSAA website earlier and lookin at last years playoff teams.

I would like to see Haysi drop Twin Springs(they were just a replacement for Ervinton anyway), Thomas Walker and Phelps.

Making the playoffs that often is pretty good for a newly consolidated school.

Edited by redtiger

Ahhh... redtiger, here we go again!! Honaker will have to have an effective well balanced offense to win this game. As we've said in the past, usually Colley finds a way to put up points against Honaker if he has any talent at all and sounds like you guys have quite a bit. Honaker's D has been playing well, but I still think this will be a shootout!! At any rate it will be a playoff atmosphere in Honaker this Saturday with the district championship on the line, I'm already excited, can't wait and hope the crowds turn out for this one!

How is Haysi's defense this year?

Haysis D has been solid. Gave up 3 scores to Eastside with 1 comming in the last minute or so of the game. Clintwood laid the whoopin down but that goes for everyone they have played this season. Other than that no one has really had any success but we really havent played anyone either. and no one with a dedicated power running game.

keys to this game imo

For Red

-pass protection. If they can give Zack time then the dropback passing game can be really effective.

-Coaches commitment to the Run. IF he gives Bowen 15-20 carries then Haysis offense will really be hard to stop.

For Orange

-Power running. if Honaker can run the ball down Haysis throat then the pa passing game will open up and Haysi could be in a world of hurt.

-Stopping Bowen. if Honaker can stop him at the los then it will be The High Flyn Tigers and I dont think Haysi can beat Honaker that way

I really could see this one being 35-28 either way