Tazewell vs Marion (playoff)

Lance

I agree they have to much talent to have only won 2 games. An issue that I noticed both times we played them though was thug play. They had no discipline and resorted to some cheap shots which got called on them by the officials. The coach can hopefully get a handle on that before next year.

yeah one player stands out more than others I will not say his name

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah one player stands out more than others I will not say his name

I know who you are talking about. He nailed the Marion defender that caught mccann's pass when the play was blown dead before he threw it.

Good teams don't allow bad officiating to beat them. It is the coaching staff's responsibility to guide these young men through such adversity and instill a winning attitude. I realize the difficulty of coaching young people as I have coached them, but if your team is skilled enough, bad officiating shouldn't affect them. I agree one bad call can lose or win the game for a team, but good teams must play though this. Maybe Marion had something to do with the loss. Better luck next year, Dawgs.

Good teams don't allow bad officiating to beat them. It is the coaching staff's responsibility to guide these young men through such adversity and instill a winning attitude. I realize the difficulty of coaching young people as I have coached them, but if your team is skilled enough, bad officiating shouldn't affect them. I agree one bad call can lose or win the game for a team, but good teams must play though this. Maybe Marion had something to do with the loss. Better luck next year, Dawgs.

tazewell should be better next year. marion was the better team this year. i agree about the officiating you must find a way to win.

Couldn't agree more. Stu putting it on the refs. Lol.Think I would put it on #3,#21' and several others from Marion.Go Big Blue!!!

I did not outright blame the refs. I just said there were a couple of calls that came very early and after that Tazewell just couldn't do anything.

I give Marion credit for being a good team. We just didn't show up with the same intensity that we had from the week before.

I must have missed something at the game; the officiating was not bad at all. To say that's what happened to Tazewell is just ridiculous.

I also did not say it was bad officiating. The problem I had was the ruled fumble that wasn't. That's all I will say about that.

With all that said do I think it costs us the game, no. The problems were poor tackling and not blocking like they did in previous games. If they had played with the same intensity that they had against Richlands I think it could have been a much closer game.

Unlike a couple of birds on here I don't make excuses.

no harm no foul..but 2-8 dosent make you a playoff team..6-4 isnt great as well

6 and 4 is good when 3 of those came against 1 loss teams by a combined what 16 points.