Predictions Revisited:

If we're going Top 5 to end the season...

1. LSU

2. USC

3. Oregon

4. Bama

5. Florida State (seriously...I think people are too quick to write them off based on the past decade)

A few predictions:

1. WVU fans are in for a rude awakening this season. 9-3 would be a sterling success...

2. VT fans are going to see just how Thomas does behind a piecemeal offensive line. I'm going 10-2 for them, almost solely on the strength of a defense that could be #1 nationally. Expect a lot of ~ 17-14 games.

3. Florida State's going to shed the demons this year. If they get by Clemson and VT, they aren't losing. Florida's got its weakest team in 20 years. They play TWO FCS schools. USF is overrated. Their conference schedule is very cake (avoid GT/UNC/UVA, Teams #2-4 in the Coastal).

The Good

1. Told you so, WVU fans. A BIG "told you so". Told you WVU's inability to defend would hurt them badly. The Big XII is a huge step up from the Big L'East, and the growing pains are now evident.

The Average

2. FSU could still end up Top 5. There's no one in the ACC close to them on a consistent basis. That NCST game wrecked my prediction of them in the MNC game (O'Brien chronically plays to the level of his opponents), but a 13-1 finish isn't unlikely for this group.

3. I still don't think 'Bama wins the title this year. That's a dominant, but flawed, team.

4. Oregon could still lose the MNC game to end up at #3, but I don't see how they do. I think that team would run 'Bama to death this year. You're looking at a historic offense in that Oregon team.

The Ugly

1. USC. Lane Kiffin takes too many weeks off.

2. LSU. Two haunting losses. They'll be the best 11-2 team in the nation when this year's done.

3. VT. I just assumed that they'd get it done because, well, it's VT. Instead, the "vaunted" defense has been VT's worst in 20 years, and Logan Thomas looks exactly like what I warned VT fans he would look like this season: a QB at 50% completion who has no WRs to bail him out of his many awful passes. Another big "told you so".

"Florida's got its weakest team in 20 years"

Now, this year's team is a whole lot better than last years, and I believe we'll be able to stop FSU, since our Defense is on a whole other level than who they've played so far.

they didnt stop them Dawgs

they didnt stop them Dawgs

Actually, they did. Our offense just didn't show up. There's a difference.

Lemme fix that: Our offense doesn't really show up for games, our D is why we're 8-1 right now. Without how our D is playing, we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Edited by BlueTornadoFan

You forgot to mention Notre Dame. Currently they are still in the mix until they lose.

I think ND's run is actually going to end this weekend, against USC. Never know, they should've lost to Pitt, but they got lucky, and that's how the games work.

Actually, they did. Our offense just didn't show up. There's a difference.

Lemme fix that: Our offense doesn't really show up for games, our D is why we're 8-1 right now. Without how our D is playing, we wouldn't be where we are right now.

florida still lost bottom line

I think ND's run is actually going to end this weekend, against USC. Never know, they should've lost to Pitt, but they got lucky, and that's how the games work.

Notre Dame plays BC this weekend.

ND's run may very well end vs. USC but I can guarantee that it will not be this weekend. ND is at BC and home vs WF the next two weekends.

Notre Dame plays BC this weekend.

ND's run may very well end vs. USC but I can guarantee that it will not be this weekend. ND is at BC and home vs WF the next two weekends.

Ah, well, in that case, my bad. I had thought they played USC this weekend, oh well. ND does have a thing for playing down to opponents like they did against BYU and Pitt.... Never know what's going to happen.

Assuming that ND wins out (clearly the USC game will be their toughest, saving the best for last I guess) will they have a shot at going to the championship? Or will the weakness of their schedule mean they'll just get a BCS bowl game (with that Notre Dame rule, I believe they've got into one of the BCS bowls already)?

Assuming that ND wins out (clearly the USC game will be their toughest, saving the best for last I guess) will they have a shot at going to the championship? Or will the weakness of their schedule mean they'll just get a BCS bowl game (with that Notre Dame rule, I believe they've got into one of the BCS bowls already)?

If Notre Dame wins out, then it'll create a mess with Bama, KSU, and Oregon if all of the above teams win out...

If they all win out, I would guess Alabama and Oregon would have the upper hand given the fact they will each have won conference championship games thus adding to their strength of schedule.

Notre Dame plays at Boston College, Wake Forest and at USC.

Kansas St. plays at TCU, at Baylor and Texas

Oregon plays at California, Stanford, at Oregon St. and PAC 12 Championship game.

Alabama plays Texas A&M, Western Carolina, Auburn and SEC Championship game.

I think we all agree if Alabama wins out they are a lock but I would think Oregon would have the upper hand between the others given the PAC 12 championship game.