clintwood at george wythe

cwood78

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to a assistant coach of an MED team tuesday and told him that GW has the best front seven and would give Clintwood trouble. Against Radford and Floyd they were getting used to being without Atwood. GW has a very good team. 20 senoirs I think. Their defense held Fort to 265yds of off.-Fort's lowest total all year. Need to turn some of those yards into points though.

lol,ok...clintwood seemed flat ..friday was a good choice..that seemed to be right call..so whos next

i know the games over.............lord knows i wish only the best for GW,i've said it over and over, clintwood PLAYED FLAT, they didn't play even half the intensity, they did against grayson co..... hate to differ with lung and loyal, but .. i do not believe they were ready....our first night game playoff...yes everyone left it on the field......................(i guess i'm venting a bit, someone else posted on another site,clintwood didn't deserve to be on same field...with GW)

i know the games over.............lord knows i wish only the best for GW,i've said it over and over, clintwood PLAYED FLAT, they didn't play even half the intensity, they did against grayson co..... hate to differ with lung and loyal, but .. i do not believe they were ready....our first night game playoff...yes everyone left it on the field......................(i guess i'm venting a bit, someone else posted on another site,clintwood didn't deserve to be on same field...with GW)

Don't think they were flat but they didn't play well. I think it did kind of throw things off playing on Friday. I think what really killed them was losing 12 and 9 in the first quarter. Couldn't line up in the Maryland I and run people over the way they had all year when anyone had any success stoping the run. I also think and didn't think about it before the game that revenge was a huge factor Friday night. Just like when Clintwood played Grayson this year. GW had a bee under their bonnet and they played lights out.

i guess i'm venting a bit, someone else posted on another site,clintwood didn't deserve to be on same field...with GW

First and foremost, do NOT listen to that mess someone else posted. If anyone believes that, they have no clue. I don't care where he is from. Clintwood more than deserved to be there. He can be critical of our playcalling and such all he wants, no matter how wrong he is. Him downplaying how good The Wave is just shows ignorance, and believe me....He is in a very, VERY small minority around here.

And second, Lung is right...We wanted this one. A lot. All those unforced turnovers in last year's game left a bad taste in our mouth. Not because we felt like we were better than Clintwood. We were just disappointed we didn't bring our "A" game against an "A" game opponent.

Right now, my hope is we can play with the same effort the next two weeks we did Friday. We owe that to ourselves, most of all, but we owe it to Clintwood as well. I cannot begin to tell you guys how much respect is here for you guys, and how much Clintwood elevated our game.

First and foremost, do NOT listen to that mess someone else posted. If anyone believes that, they have no clue. I don't care where he is from. Clintwood more than deserved to be there. He can be critical of our playcalling and such all he wants, no matter how wrong he is. Him downplaying how good The Wave is just shows ignorance, and believe me....He is in a very, VERY small minority around here.

And second, Lung is right...We wanted this one. A lot. All those unforced turnovers in last year's game left a bad taste in our mouth. Not because we felt like we were better than Clintwood. We were just disappointed we didn't bring our "A" game against an "A" game opponent.

Right now, my hope is we can play with the same effort the next two weeks we did Friday. We owe that to ourselves, most of all, but we owe it to Clintwood as well. I cannot begin to tell you guys how much respect is here for you guys, and how much Clintwood elevated our game.

I have alot of respect for GW ..their coaches ,players and fans....Coach Ingo has been a great help in assisting with our FCA All-Star Senior game for 3 yrs.. Last yr 3 great players came and played in our game.. They were great youung men ...Jonathan Turpin ..Hunter Tolley, and Mitch Castanon.. Jonathan had a great running game with Devon Johnson of Richlands..Mitch Castanon made an interception that led to our first points for Team VA ..and Hunter Tolley played excellent DB.... Myron Wynn and Shaq Calfee played in our FCA All-Star Basketball games . Myron was a blast and won the slam dunk contest...

This yr we will be counting on GW guys to help us out as well....Wish GW the best .. love Trey Skeens # 7 and his heart... thought #10 J Snavely was a beast... the Qb ..Byrd made good passes and Hardy Lester a great tall lineman..batting down passes and catching the game winning score... GW wanted this game...out-played Clintwood and got the win...Hope they can do the same against Franklin!:)

GW loyal ..your a classy poster...keep it up!