clintwood at george wythe

cwood78

Byrd is the one I'm asking about.

Ok, not sure about Byrd......Haven't heard anything on this ...he is a good qb..Rural Retreat did a good job containing GW's run but he threw for 200+yds in the game..

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I have heard, but I haven't talked to anyone who would know in the last couple days, either.

You'd know. I'm hoping for a rash of sprained ankles and flu like symptoms upon getting out of the bed in the morning in Wytheville.

You'd know. I'm hoping for a rash of sprained ankles and flu like symptoms upon getting out of the bed in the morning in Wytheville.

LMAO Nothing is impossible. You and the rest of the Clintwood faithful be safe on the way over tomorrow. If the atmosphere is only half of it was last year, it'll be fantastic.

Best of luck to the Wave. No matter who wins this game, I'll be pulling hard for the winner of this one to go the distance just as I did last year.

Cheers, Lung!

LMAO Nothing is impossible. You and the rest of the Clintwood faithful be safe on the way over tomorrow. If the atmosphere is only half of it was last year, it'll be fantastic.

Best of luck to the Wave. No matter who wins this game, I'll be pulling hard for the winner of this one to go the distance just as I did last year.

Cheers, Lung!

Same to you. You've earned my respect over the years. You're good people. I'm hitting the road now so everyone be safe.

Congrats to GW on the win and for that matter, both teams. Great game in Wytheville tonight and it was a shame someone had to lose.

It was a shame. A lot of fight in that game, and the score reflected it. Was a lot of mutual respect on the field, also. Just great SWVA football, guys. GW could have lost that game, and I wouldn't have been less proud that what I am now.

After reading about some of the stuff that happened in Franklin tonight in their game against Altavista via Va Preps, GW and Clintwood have a great deal to be proud of.

i usually dont like gw that much bein from marion but they learned from last year that you gotta be aggressive ..ill tip my hat and say this..enjoy this..it dosent get easier

What do you mean you "usually" don't. You never do! lol

Great game! One of the best ive seen in a few years. Of course I wish Clintwood would have won but GW is a good team and definately earned the win.

Imo the game came down to 2 things; the quickness of GWs Dline/MLBs and CWs inability to throw the ball.

Definately pullin for GW next week!

Edited by redtiger

lol,ok...clintwood seemed flat ..friday was a good choice..that seemed to be right call..so whos next

C'mon man....

A respected Clintwood poster says both teams played their guts out. A Marion fan says Clintwood came out flat....In the 3rd round of the playoffs....Right....

Playing on Friday was a good choice...When there was no school and no one had an advantage as to when the game was played and 7/8ths of Group A games were all played tonight...Totally made the difference...Right...

I don't know what your deal is with GW, especially since we've played Marion twice in the past, like, 30 years or something crazy, but let me be the first to apologize for you not getting the blowout you predicted and wanted. You've never had a single reason to hate on GW like you do, but for some reason, you get all Falcon on us at the mere mention of our name. I wasn't even aware we were supposed to have a rivalry with Marion...Let it go, dude. Jeez!

C'mon man....

A respected Clintwood poster says both teams played their guts out. A Marion fan says Clintwood came out flat....In the 3rd round of the playoffs....Right....

Playing on Friday was a good choice...When there was no school and no one had an advantage as to when the game was played and 7/8ths of Group A games were all played tonight...Totally made the difference...Right...

I don't know what your deal is with GW, especially since we've played Marion twice in the past, like, 30 years or something crazy, but let me be the first to apologize for you not getting the blowout you predicted and wanted. You've never had a single reason to hate on GW like you do, but for some reason, you get all Falcon on us at the mere mention of our name. I wasn't even aware we were supposed to have a rivalry with Marion...Let it go, dude. Jeez!

game should have been played on Saturday...GW played the road trip game...only possible answer.

Just kidding :)