expansion

kevin

I'll happily go with your first instinct.

Although, on a tangent....

I think UVa probably should tell Richmond to go scratch. That might shake the General Assembly out of its 20-something year slumber and force the powers that be to do something about educational funding throughout the Commonwealth.

And on yet another tangent.... Whatever became of the "chartering" effort by UVA, Tech, and W&M?

I wish UVA would do that, and I think a suggestion to split UVA/VT would result in this process being moved farther along. I think UVA's hesitation is based upon affordability. UVA's long-touted its "bang for the buck" affordability compared to other institutions. UVA's also much invested into the AccessUVA program, a fantastic program.

Of course, both of those take significant crimps if UVA told Richmond to buzz off.

And I, too, haven't seen as much tangible effect from the chartering initiatives as I'd hoped.

Word today is that B1G commish, and UNC alum, Jim Delany is pursuing Carolina and UVa to join the conference. Does the ACC exist this time next year?

I'm starting to lean towards no.....

And if it is, I believe it will be severely altered.

Edited by Ryan4VT

Word today is that B1G commish, and UNC alum, Jim Delany is pursuing Carolina and UVa to join the conference. Does the ACC exist this time next year?

I'm not hearing the same by the UVA people that are well connected. That's not to say that UVA would accept if offered. But I would be shocked if UVA came without VT, or UNC came without Duke.

UNC will not leave the ACC. UNC is actually not tied to Duke but to NCSU. UNC does not function as an independent entity- it is part of a state system run by one board of governors. NCSU has enough clout to block any move. In short the ACC is viable for the long haul.

In short the ACC is viable for the long haul.

Or until Clemson and FSU head to the Big 12-4+2....then all bets are off. As I've said before, and as I've been reassured by someone "in the know" several times...VT will not be the first to leave the ACC but they will be fine in the end...

Or until Clemson and FSU head to the Big 12-4+2....then all bets are off. As I've said before, and as I've been reassured by someone "in the know" several times...VT will not be the first to leave the ACC but they will be fine in the end...

I've basically gotten the same feeling about VT from someone "in the know."