dooley fired..........

cwood78

Gruden will probably be offered the job and probably Petrino. Whoever they hire will be an improvement. UT's first 3 straight losing season since 1909-11. 100 damn years!!!!! Besides all the not knowing how to finish games,win in the SEC, and the excuses.

I don't think Gruden will leave TV. Gruden looks comfortable and doesn't seem to have that fire to coach. He would create an instant spark that they need if he did take the job. Petrino is a arrogant guy but he is a good coach. I think he would do a good job but not the same spark as Gruden.

It wont be Gruden or a big time head coach. UT doesnt have the funds, as alot of boosters had to front money to fire Dooley and staff.

It'll be a young headcoach or proven coordinator. That's not a bad thing though as there are a few very good ones out there.

Edited by battleftbl

Tennessee has a money problem right now in the athletics department to pay for all of these buyouts of coaches and administrators over the last six years. I doubt they'll have the money to go out a get a big time name for their next football coach.

Serves UT right for all unethical BS that has been going on there for years.

I would believe Petrino might work cheap right now. He would fit right in with the UT culture........

Only in UT's dreamworld...

It may not be as crazy as it sounds. Gruden has stated that if he returned to coaching, it would be at the college level. His wife is a UT grad, Jon owns cabins in Gatlinburg and his wife`s family lives in the area.

Edited by HurricaneWarning

Yeah, i think Gruden is a pipe dream, although i'd love to see it.

Since the Dooley has been fired talk started last week, i've been saying Bobby Petrino will be the next coach at UT.

He will win football games if he is the choice but i'd much rather see someone else come in.

Tennessee has a money problem right now in the athletics department to pay for all of these buyouts of coaches and administrators over the last six years. I doubt they'll have the money to go out a get a big time name for their next football coach.

Serves UT right for all unethical BS that has been going on there for years.

I would believe Petrino might work cheap right now. He would fit right in with the UT culture........

Former AD Mike Hamilton is the #1 cause for the complete mess UT athletics is in right now.

Hamilton didn't help. There were more problems than Hamilton- i,e, certain boosters. Hamilton can be blamed for the football hire- Kiffin- that was the gift that keeps on giving. The Bruce Pearl mess was brought on by Bruce Pearl.

Hamilton didn't help. There were more problems than Hamilton- i,e, certain boosters. Hamilton can be blamed for the football hire- Kiffin- that was the gift that keeps on giving. The Bruce Pearl mess was brought on by Bruce Pearl.

You know I liked Bruce Pearl but I guess trying to stay up with UK;) was his undoing.

Lol, if I were you I would worry about VT.

Why? VT hasn't had to pay millions of dollars to buy out multiple contracts of coaches/administrators nor has the NCAA had to come to Blacksburg to look at any wrong doing of the sports programs.

If I was trying to read the tea leaves, I would look at the AD's background. Fla. State until 2008 (Jimbo Fisher hire) and Bama are his most recent stops. ADs tend to look to friends and folks they know when picking a coach. Also look at up and coming coaches with UT ties.

It wont be Gruden or a big time head coach. UT doesnt have the funds, as alot of boosters had to front money to fire Dooley and staff.

It'll be a young headcoach or proven coordinator. That's not a bad thing though as there are a few very good ones out there.

Hold the phones...we have a winner!

• 2 weeks later...