Playoff Questions

wave316

Could someone explain all the playoff sceniors if Clintwood wins -loses -If Honaker wins-loses ---If Burton wis-loses--If George Wythe wins-loses.and also do the same for the Eastern teams....who travels where and all...I'm a bit confused here!

well..........if u lose...u stay home....lol just for starters ,if honaker wins... they host an eastern team...winner (luenburg-sussex) if clintwood wins... they either travel to franklin. or host altavista..(altavista needs to beat franklin)

Alright...

If Clintwood and Honaker both win....

Honaker will host the lowest seed from the east and Clintwood would travel to high seed in East

If Clintwood wins and Honaker loses

Clintwood would host east low seed and JIB travels to high seed from East

If Clintwood Lose and Honaker wins

Honaker still host low seed from East and GW would travel to High seed in the east

If both Clintwood and Honaker lose

Gw would host low seed from east and Burton would travel to high seed in east..

East

If Franklin and Sussex Both win

Franklin will Host low seed from west and Sussex would travel west

If Franklin wins and sussex loses

Franklin still host and Central lunenburg will travel west

If Franklin loses and Sussex wins

Altavista will travel west and Sussex will host

If both Franklin and Sussex lose

Altavista will travel west and Central Lunenburg will host low seed from west

I think I covered everything...if someone sees a mistake...correct me..

**Scenarios if said team wins.**

Honaker-Honaker hosts Luenburg/Sussex either way.

JI Burton-Travels to either Luenburg or Sussex.

Luenburg-Travels to Honaker. But is home if JI Burton wins.

Sussex- Travels to Honaker. But is home if JI Burton wins

Clintwood-Hosts Altavista if Altavista wins, but travels to Franklin if Franklin wins.

George Wythe-Travels to either Franklin or Altavista if they win.

Franklin-Is home and play the winner of Clintwood/GW

Altavista-They either travel to Clintwood or is home against

George Wythe.

Hope I didn't miss anything.

Well darn, I didn't see someone post it before I did, was too busy thinking up the scenarios. Oh well.

I had to write it down on paper so I wouldn't get confused..I still feel like I left something out..but I can't find it

I had to write it down on paper so I wouldn't get confused..I still feel like I left something out..but I can't find it

I've typed mine up on Microsoft Word, yeah, so I wouldn't get confused either, and I feel like I left out something also. Oh well. Hopefully someone will come along and help us out.

wouldnt be so confusing, if they didnt cross bracket.................

If I could have one thing changed about this setup that would be it. I kinda like the idea of Having a East and West Champ, and having them faceoff.

If I could have one thing changed about this setup that would be it. I kinda like the idea of Having a East and West Champ, and having them faceoff.

You can thank the Eastern side for that. They were of the opinion that they'd have 2 teams in the finals every year that way. How'd that work out for you last year?

You can thank the Eastern side for that. They were of the opinion that they'd have 2 teams in the finals every year that way. How'd that work out for you last year?

Not too good!

It was nice having 2 SWVA teams in the title game but it had to be really bad for the football fans in the East not having a "local" team to pull for. If say Franklin and Sussex both advance to state ten I really doubt there will be many SWVA fans at the game.

If it's a Clintwood-Honaker matchup for the State Title, why not have the game in Southwest Virginia instead of in Lynchburg or wherever the state title games are held. That way both teams won't have to travel as much.

money money money money....

If it's a Clintwood-Honaker matchup for the State Title, why not have the game in Southwest Virginia instead of in Lynchburg or wherever the state title games are held. That way both teams won't have to travel as much.

Unfortunately, you cannot have a State title game set up at a venue based on the geographic location of the title games participants. These sites are set up years in advance and I personally think that Salem is a great site for the D1 and D2 games. It is a perfect size stadium (7,200 capacity) for the smaller schools, whereas the D3-D6 venues usually dwarf the actual attendance. Last year, Galax and Clintwood fans PACKED Salem Stadium for the D1 contest. Of course, the Gate City fan base does the same when the Devils are involved. I am expecting the same for this year with Honaker, Clintwood, George Wythe, Burton, and Altavista still in the mix.

After driving "all over the place" during the regular season, the D1 and D2 championship site is only ten minutes away from me. For this, I am thankful! Good luck to ALL the SWVA teams in action Friday and Saturday. I am looking forward to your arrival into my "neck of the woods" real soon!