This should stir some feathers!

bucfan64

We all know that voter fraud is rampant on both sides of the aisle, however some of the issues that a certain political party continues to argue in favor of when it concerns voting is literally absurd. We hear the cries of racism, poverty, etc. as a means to reduce restrictions in order to make things more "equitable," is this really what they want? Or is the agenda something much more nefarious?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/25/Democrats-vote-the-mentally-disabled

We all know that voter fraud is rampant on both sides of the aisle, however some of the issues that a certain political party continues to argue in favor of when it concerns voting is literally absurd. We hear the cries of racism, poverty, etc. as a means to reduce restrictions in order to make things more "equitable," is this really what they want? Or is the agenda something much more nefarious?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/25/Democrats-vote-the-mentally-disabled

Please show me the cases that support your opening. If it is rampant, where are the arrests and convictions that support the claim. In VA the last case of vote fraud I am aware of was in Appalachia where the Council race had votes bought for pork rinds. That was 8-10 years ago.

Anecdotal claims don't rise to the level of proof.

1) James O' Keefe's Project Veritas shows how easy voter fraud is without Identification: When an undercover reporter can vote as Ben Jealous, Bill Maher, or David Brock if he wants, there's a hole as wide as the Grand Canyon in the system.

Although, this only shows the POTENTIAL for voter fraud it is obvious that the system can be manipulated.

2. During the controversy of the Franken-Coleman election a group called Minnesota Majority began to look into claims of voter fraud. Comparing criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons -- all ineligible to vote -- who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race.

This IS voter fraud!

3. Democratic Congressional candidate Wendy Rosen commits voter fraud: Wendy Rosen was running for Congress in Maryland this year and voted this year and has been voting in 2 states for several years.

This IS voter fraud.

4. Former New Albany mayoral candidate Paul Etheridge was arrested in 2011 and charged with three felony counts of voter fraud. He was responsible for casting ABSENTEE Ballots, solicting absentee ballots and forging absentee ballots.

This IS voter fraud.

5. in April a Tunica County, Miss., jury convicted NAACP official Lessadolla Sowers on 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots. Sowers is identified on an NAACP website as a member of the Tunica County NAACP.

This IS voter fraud.

I could go on and on about individual instances, and I will admit that an overwhelmingly large portion of votes are properly counted and for the most part are cast as legal votes. However, the premise of the article and of my statement is to show how voter fraud is very rampant in pockets throughout the country. This is and has always been the case and it will never cease, however the measures and lengths to which some will go to insure a candiates victory is incredibly low. To pretend that a few votes or a little manipulation or fraud here or there is insignificant to the whole scheme of things is undermining to the voting process. In the Franken-Coleman case, voter fraud is considered by many the reason that Al Franken won the election.

Likewise, voter intimidation being permitted and going unpunished by the current State Department, in light of video evidence, testimony and sworn affidavits to the contrary, both from the public sector and ELECTION OFFICIALS is nothing more than further proof of politicians supporting such tactics as long as they benefit them or their party. And being complicit with such actions, in my opinion, constitutes an embracement of these activities.

Please show me the cases that support your opening. If it is rampant, where are the arrests and convictions that support the claim. In VA the last case of vote fraud I am aware of was in Appalachia where the Council race had votes bought for pork rinds. That was 8-10 years ago.

You are correct, I don't know what I was thinking, voter fraud has never occurred in America and the very notion that it would happen is a vast right wing conspiracy!

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't mean voter fraud is nonexistent either. We have all read the stories. The very fact that most liberals feel the need to discount the issue tells us that liberals benefit most from voter fraud. No, I can't prove it, but I damn sure believe that's 100% true.

Edited by blueinbama

Voting fraud is a bit like underage drinking: it happens so often that it's tolerated as an inevitable certainty. Reason? Once the tallies are in, one candidate will concede unless the election is too hotly contested to call. No reason to pursue it...and overworked prosecutors aren't exactly turning a vigilant eye toward it. The biggest violators are ineligible felons. Just look at states like New Hampshire, with same-day registration. That's virtually asking for fraud; it's impossible to corroborate that much information in one day.

I'm still disgusted by the stunts Franken pulled to win that seat.