Hypothetical question...

GMan

IF for some reason the Big12 was to "fall apart" with the Big Four (UT, TT, OU, OSU) heading west and say, Kansas to the B1G, as well as UConn or other current ACC member...

AND the ACC was looking to pick up some of the leftovers of the Big12 in order to get to 14/16/18/20 or whatever the end number is...

AND knowing that academics are BS to the ACC in the world of Conference Realignment (see Loserville to ACC), WVU is invited to join the ACC with the backing of the football schools (FSU, Clemson, and VT)...

Would the WVU fans still hold this inborn/inbred hatred toward the Hokies???

What say you???

IF for some reason the Big12 was to "fall apart" with the Big Four (UT, TT, OU, OSU) heading west and say, Kansas to the B1G, as well as UConn or other current ACC member...

AND the ACC was looking to pick up some of the leftovers of the Big12 in order to get to 14/16/18/20 or whatever the end number is...

AND knowing that academics are BS to the ACC in the world of Conference Realignment (see Loserville to ACC), WVU is invited to join the ACC with the backing of the football schools (FSU, Clemson, and VT)...

Would the WVU fans still hold this inborn/inbred hatred toward the Hokies???

What say you???

WVU fans will always hate VT / PITT. It's no different than your hate for UVA. It's a healthy rivalry. No reason why it's any bigger deal than why Steeler fans hate the Cowyboys or why UNC / Duke can't stand each other. VT fans can't stand WVU either. We can all be tame about it and have fun with it, but the "hatred" will always be there.

WVU fans will always hate VT / PITT. It's no different than your hate for UVA. It's a healthy rivalry. No reason why it's any bigger deal than why Steeler fans hate the Cowyboys or why UNC / Duke can't stand each other. VT fans can't stand WVU either. We can all be tame about it and have fun with it, but the "hatred" will always be there.

VT and UVA don't hate each other. It's a rivalry, yes. But, you don't see emotion and "hatred" atmosphere at VT-UVA games.

It's not a "healthy rivalry." Any time violence and excessive harassment is in the picture then it reaches far beyond the definition of "healthy." None of your examples of rivalries have gained the negative notoriety that VT/WVU did. Tech fans point fingers at WVU fans, WVU fans point fingers at VT fans, and it probably is about a 50/50 split in all honesty.

But I will say this: The fact that neither of your biggest rivals (Pitt and VT) want to play you guys if their hand isn't forced in conference match-ups doesn't really help your cause either. IMO, both schools are completely fine without each other and don't need any extra help with revenue, selling out stadiums, etc. Let it rest.

It's not a "healthy rivalry." Any time violence and excessive harassment is in the picture then it reaches far beyond the definition of "healthy." None of your examples of rivalries have gained the negative notoriety that VT/WVU did. Tech fans point fingers at WVU fans, WVU fans point fingers at VT fans, and it probably is about a 50/50 split in all honesty.

But I will say this: The fact that neither of your biggest rivals (Pitt and VT) want to play you guys if their hand isn't forced in conference match-ups doesn't really help your cause either. IMO, both schools are completely fine without each other and don't need any extra help with revenue, selling out stadiums, etc. Let it rest.

good call .....and EXCELLENT POST.

Nailed it.

VT and UVA don't hate each other. It's a rivalry, yes. But, you don't see emotion and "hatred" atmosphere at VT-UVA games.

I hate UVA.

I burn an effigy of two crossed swords in my backyard every Thanksgiving and stab a Barbie that I Sharpied to look like Mike London because I don't know where to find legit Voodoo dolls around here.

I stole the Barbie from a UVA fan.