Virginia High and John Battle Transfers

V-Cats

A couple of people on the CMD forum claim that there are 4 VHS starters transferring to Battle (this was mentioned earlier on this forum, and the guy now says that they passed their eligibility checks so they can play next year) and that one of Battle's starters is transferring to Tennessee High. Have any of you heard about this or have extra insight?

Until names surface that can be checked, it's all just rumors. I'm not saying we should start hunting down and pestering any kids or anything, but when people start talking about things like this with no other evidence to share, it's hard to believe. Then again, I figure with the coaching situation and such at VHS, there could possibly be some who are at least playing with the idea of transferring.

This is the first that I've heard of a Battle kid going to THS, though I'm not as close knit with the team as I used to be and really only find stuff out when the season starts nowadays.

You mention eligibility checks...I assume they have all re-located to the John Battle school district or they are enrolling in 9th grade for the first time.

Edited by dukey

• 2 weeks later...

Travis has been thinking about transferring so that doesnt surprise me although I was hoping he'd change his mind. 4 VHS kids will be at Battle most likely and the issues will be worked out before hand. They'll be eligible.

or they have grandparents or aunts/uncles in the jsb district that would be the primary guardians. There are ways around things. Everything will be taken care of before the kids officially enroll. It's not hard for kids to transfer these days. The Couch Kid at Virginia High has went to 5 or 6 different schools. Castlewood, Lebanon, John Battle, JJ Kelly , VHS and maybe even 1 more. His parents never moved either. I'm not saying it's right or wrong...it's just the way things are these days. Kids can easily transfer and be eligible

I don't look for the transfers to happen. If they do then I must admit VHS really can not be too upset. They have made a habit of being a part of this process many times over, including a current basketball player that does not live in the city. As far as the football team, get a coach and let them do their job and the players will stay.

had a nice couple of freshman in #30 the Fullback and #9 the QB

dukey, is that a hint? That will add depth for Battle if they are 2 of the 4 but Battle returns a first team all district player at fullback and an honarable mention all district player at QB.

had a nice couple of freshman in #30 the Fullback and #9 the QB

Caleb Stone and Ivan Moore, respectively. I have no reason to believe that they'd leave, both seem to be happy with their current situation here, and I see both of them 5 days a week

Virginia High was extremely young this year....large number of Soph and a few Fresh played. I think some of this talk is just fact JB had good year, not sure how accurate it is. This tends to happen alot nowadays.

• 2 months later...