UVa-Wise on lockdown

From what I hear from a reliable source(not a student) the student who made the initial report stated that from his upper floor window he "saw a man in a grey sweat-suit with a pistol". Once the State Police began questioning him he said he just made it up.

Kick the idiot out of school, and throw the book at him! Definately not funny, this was tramatic for some students on campus. I know it doesent sound like a whole lot but it really shook some people up.

I am thankful it was only a hoax, but I hope the young adult gets some adult punishment. Jail time would definitely be appropriate, and I hope the judge makes him and/or his family pay for all the police officers' , security officers' etc...salary and overtime. I'm sorry just doesn't cut it. There are other ways to get attention.

From what I hear from a reliable source(not a student) the student who made the initial report stated that from his upper floor window he "saw a man in a grey sweat-suit with a pistol". Once the State Police began questioning him he said he just made it up.

Kick the idiot out of school, and throw the book at him! Definately not funny, this was tramatic for some students on campus. I know it doesent sound like a whole lot but it really shook some people up.

Yes..what about in all the stress of this situation ,someone had a heart attack ,or a fall.... Also if there was ever a real threat,would the students take it serious...

Yes..what about in all the stress of this situation ,someone had a heart attack ,or a fall.... Also if there was ever a real threat,would the students take it serious...

And also just imagine all the family and friends back home who were worried sick about those on campus. I'm sure there's going to be some parents out for blood if nothing happens to this kid.

http://www.tricities.com/news/local/article_36c5d1ca-6690-11e2-be45-001a4bcf6878.html

The guy thought it would make him a "hero" so that when he went to court for assaulting a female student, the judge would have compassion on him.

A good argument as to why our education system is much too bloated, and why college admissions standards need to be literally halved.