VA to look at own currency

ThomasDenton

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/06/virginia-is-one-step-closer-to-returning-to-gold-standard/

I think it's neat to think about (and I'd love to see what a new Virginia currency would look like) but is this even remotely possible? I have my doubts that it'll even pass the senate.

why do they keep wasting time with stuff like this? never going to happen. Good God, do something productive with your time!

Kind of like the current arguments over legislation to grade schools on an A-F grading scale. Seriously, what's the big deal with that?

I buy insurance for my car, never plan on using it!

I buy insurance for my home, hope to never use it.

I stock up certain needful items in the event that I get laid off, hope to never use them.

Preparing for a currency alternative, in the event that something devastating happens to our national currency, is just that, INSURANCE, against a seemingly unlikely event. Nothing wrong with being prepared.

I agree with Lance, probably won't happen, but there is nothing wrong with a contingency plan!