If you guys want to see some good basketball...

futbolking

Come see Floyd County's girls play at Graham middle school. They are fast paced, well coached and fun to watch....one of the premier girls basketball teams in the state, year in and year out. They can light up the scoreboard.

Come see Floyd County's girls play at Graham middle school. They are fast paced, well coached and fun to watch....one of the premier girls basketball teams in the state, year in and year out. They can light up the scoreboard.

On a collision course with Wise Central perhaps in a near future .. Central and Floyd would be a great game.

I've watched Floyd's girls play since the late 90's....... this team is about as good as any they've had (including the teams that made 3 straight appearances in the state finals).....No offense, but it's a much higher level of play than any team in our area.... As far as their district being weak??... I'd put Glenvar up against any SWVA girls teams and like their chances. Radford and Auburn were a little down this year... East Mont is never good....Floyd will not likely be challenged until the state semis, that's just the way I see it this year. If anybody from Region C or D comes within 20 points of this team, I will be surprised...and will eat crow....

You will see the results of what good coaching and hard work will do for any team...because nobody in the state of Virginia practices harder than the Floyd County girls basketball team, I will guarantee that....

Edited by futbolking

I've watched Floyd's girls play since the late 90's....... this team is about as good as any they've had (including the teams that made 3 straight appearances in the state finals).....No offense, but it's a much higher level of play than any team in our area.... As far as their district being weak??... I'd put Glenvar up against any SWVA girls teams and like their chances. Radford and Auburn were a little down this year... East Mont is never good....Floyd will not likely be challenged until the state semis, that's just the way I see it this year. If anybody from Region C or D comes within 20 points of this team, I will be surprised...and will eat crow....

You will see the results of what good coaching and hard work will do for any team...because nobody in the state of Virginia practices harder than the Floyd County girls basketball team, I will guarantee that....

Sounds like an outstanding program there at Floyd..should be the model for all schools... but in the world of athletic competition good teams have off nights and weaker teams have strong nights... If the shots are falling for one team and not for the other...upsets happen.And it happens in all sports... Wise Central ,if they play Floyd will not be a easy W for Floyd... If their shots are falling it could be an interesting night...but with that being said..Wise Central must advance thru their region and not be upset...

Yeah, and the Lakers thought the same thing at the beginning of the year. Don't put that trophy in the trophy case just yet.

Not putting any trophies anywhere....Floyds' girls have been a model of consistency for quite a while now... and I said I would be "surprised" if anybody can stay close to them...didn't say I would be disappointed or devastated....

Would you happen to know how far it is from Bristol Va to Floyd County?

Would you happen to know how far it is from Bristol Va to Floyd County?

I'd say about a 2 1/4 hour drive.... Maybe 2 1/2 ...

Just go straight up I-81 to exit 114 (The Christiansburg / Floyd Exit) take route 8 to Floyd (about 22 miles)...only one red light in Floyd, go through it and take the next left (about 1/4 mile)...it'll take you straight to the high school.

I would recommend the Blue Ridge Diner....if you plan to stop and eat. (left at red light, 20 feet...can't miss it).

Floyd County 100, Fort Chiswell 45

FLOYD - Amanda Hollandsworth had 19 points and four steals for the Buffaloes as they routed the Pioneers.

Ragan Wiseman had 12 points. Sierra Spangler had 12 points and Christene Phillips had 11 for Floyd County.

Fort Chiswell's Amber Chrisley had 17 points.

From the Roanoke Times....

FLOYD COUNTY (23-2)

Lytton 6, Wiseman 12, Bolt 7, Spangler 10, Mills 2, Kuchenbuch 5, E. Boothe 7, Phillips 11, Hollandsworth 19, Royal 5, Belshan 7, Worley 5, Jones 4.

FORT CHISWELL (15-10)

Chrisley 17, Smith 4, Mooney 1, Woods 2, Tuner 8, Whifman 4, Hovencamp 7, Hight 2.

Fort Chiswell 14 15 10 6-45

Floyd County 21 21 31 27-100

3-point-goals - Floyd County 7(Wiseman 2, Spangler, Kuchenbuch, Boothe, Phillips, Belshan). Fort Chiswell 1 (Chrisley).

Floyd County 100, Fort Chiswell 45

FLOYD - Amanda Hollandsworth had 19 points and four steals for the Buffaloes as they routed the Pioneers.

Ragan Wiseman had 12 points. Sierra Spangler had 12 points and Christene Phillips had 11 for Floyd County.

Fort Chiswell's Amber Chrisley had 17 points.

From the Roanoke Times....

FLOYD COUNTY (23-2)

Lytton 6, Wiseman 12, Bolt 7, Spangler 10, Mills 2, Kuchenbuch 5, E. Boothe 7, Phillips 11, Hollandsworth 19, Royal 5, Belshan 7, Worley 5, Jones 4.

FORT CHISWELL (15-10)

Chrisley 17, Smith 4, Mooney 1, Woods 2, Tuner 8, Whifman 4, Hovencamp 7, Hight 2.

Fort Chiswell 14 15 10 6-45

Floyd County 21 21 31 27-100

3-point-goals - Floyd County 7(Wiseman 2, Spangler, Kuchenbuch, Boothe, Phillips, Belshan). Fort Chiswell 1 (Chrisley).

Just curious who are the two losses too?

Just curious who are the two losses too?

Salem 56-47

St. Vincent Pallotti, Md. 61-51

The beat Salem the second time they played. Salem lost to St. Vincent Pallotti 51-22.

The Lady Buffs have 12 players that see significant playing time...they play a fast pace game and they will press you the entire game, if necessary....

I hear they press when it is not necessary too, thus the 100 point games against weak teams.

I hear they press when it is not necessary too, thus the 100 point games against weak teams.

Go watch them for yourself and don't go by what people say, or what you "hear"....see for yourself.

Everybody on the team can play....Maybe the other teams should learn to play defense.....Coach Cantrell is a class act, one of the best coaches around here. I would be honored if he coached my kids. This area needs more coaches like him, coaches who expect a lot from their players. He is truly a man of great character and I feel priviliged to know him.

Look at the stat sheet for that game....nearly everybody scored..... You can't tell your young players to not score....

Edited by futbolking

Floyd County beat James River 84 to 54 tonight... Floyd was only up 12 at beginning of the 4th....but James River was exhausted, ....Floyd's hectic pace wore them out....ended up winning by 30...

IMO the 2 best teams in the Regiona C Tournament played today (Floyd and JR)....Floyd should have a cakewalk to the Region Championship....No offense to Grayson or Patrick Henry....but Floyd should win BIG.....

Floyd County beat James River 84 to 54 tonight... Floyd was only up 12 at beginning of the 4th....but James River was exhausted, ....Floyd's hectic pace wore them out....ended up winning by 30...

IMO the 2 best teams in the Regiona C Tournament played today (Floyd and JR)....Floyd should have a cakewalk to the Region Championship....No offense to Grayson or Patrick Henry....but Floyd should win BIG.....

Floyd won by 30 ...Wise Central defeated Va High by 30 ...59-29... shoild be interesting if Floyd and Central meet down the road!