Keep an eye out for idiots

It may not be needed by most on here, but I figured I'd just remind everyone that it's race week in Bristol and if you're travelling in the area, just be careful. Whether it's locals or not, race week seems to bring out the idiots everywhere and all common sense on the roads seems to be lost. Yesterday, while my brother was driving up I81 from Bristol, TN, a car struck the side of his pickup, causing him to lose control and spin into the grass medium (thank God he didn't end up going all the way into the other lanes). He hit his head and arm, but is fine, just a bit sore and his truck has a huge dent on the side of the bed just behind the rear passenger side wheel (not sure if we can fix it, it's pretty bad). When he got his truck stopped and looked around for who hit him, he noticed the car on the other side of the interstate on the right shoulder. The car sped away as soon as there was a break in traffic and my brother couldn't get any info about the car or driver. I've had a few close calls last week and weekend, so from a first hand experience, just be careful and use common sense.

two wrecks on I-81 yesterday within 5 miles...between exit 7 and 13...people are friggin stupid. I usually try to go out at night when there are less people if i have to go down to that area....went to Walmart last night to get the kids some stuff for lunch because Kroger was closed for some reason? and literally Walmart was full of meth heads...and you know them when you see them. Sad.

two wrecks on I-81 yesterday within 5 miles...between exit 7 and 13...people are friggin stupid. I usually try to go out at night when there are less people if i have to go down to that area....went to Walmart last night to get the kids some stuff for lunch because Kroger was closed for some reason? and literally Walmart was full of meth heads...and you know them when you see them. Sad.

You always see the most "interesting" people at Walmart at night....or at 3 o'clock in the morning.

A bunch of idiots in a pickup were passing me on I-81 at exit 60 a couple of months back...their rear passenger side tire came off AS they were passing me and their tire (wheel and all) slammed into the side of my car and dented it up. I didn't know what the heck was going on...I just saw sparks flying by my driver's side window....got thumped by the tire and then saw the pickup veer into the median...I slowed down and pulled off on the shoulder...and that's when the tire passed me by rolling down the road...and I realized what had happened.