NFL Draft

kevin

You want to know why some of these teams continue to suck year after year. Just watch the NFL draft! The NFL makes the players take drug tests. After watching tonight I think they might want to start testing the coaches,GM's and owners! LOL

I know a lot of people didn't like Dallas's first pick, but I'm just glad they went for an offensive lineman rather than another runningback. Seems like every year they want more RBs and then wonder in the season why their running game isn't better than it is. They need to do something about defense too. Those guys were just too injury prone last year and it cost them.

The draft is often a crap shoot. On of the greatest QBs today was a 6th round pick.

I let this tidbit from Peter King speak for the iffy nature of the NFL draft:

Jason Hanson Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

The 1992 NFL Draft was 12 rounds in length, divided between a late-April Sunday and Monday. It was not a particularly good draft. Out of 336 players, none has been selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The draft is now officially history. When the 56th player in the draft, Jason Hanson, retired, he was the last active player of that class (by far) to leave the game.

Hanson played 327 games for Detroit over a 21-year career and made two Pro Bowls.

Out of the 1992 NFL Draft, the top three picks -- Steve Emtman, Quentin Coryatt and Sean Gilbert -- ended up playing 278 NFL games combined and earning one Pro Bowl.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130415/mock-draft-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2RaV85Wia

I agree Dallas needs OL, but C isnt the pressing need like either G spot or RT. If they were going to draft someone with C experience I would have wished they would have taken Barrett Jones who can play about any position.

The draft is often a crap shoot. On of the greatest QBs today was a 6th round pick.

I let this tidbit from Peter King speak for the iffy nature of the NFL draft:

Jason Hanson Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

The 1992 NFL Draft was 12 rounds in length, divided between a late-April Sunday and Monday. It was not a particularly good draft. Out of 336 players, none has been selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The draft is now officially history. When the 56th player in the draft, Jason Hanson, retired, he was the last active player of that class (by far) to leave the game.

Hanson played 327 games for Detroit over a 21-year career and made two Pro Bowls.

Out of the 1992 NFL Draft, the top three picks -- Steve Emtman, Quentin Coryatt and Sean Gilbert -- ended up playing 278 NFL games combined and earning one Pro Bowl.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130415/mock-draft-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2RaV85Wia

Jason Hanson ends an era: now, every player who was in my Tecmo Super Bowl game has retired. Sad times.

I agree Dallas needs OL, but C isnt the pressing need like either G spot or RT. If they were going to draft someone with C experience I would have wished they would have taken Barrett Jones who can play about any position.

That's what I was thinking. But at least they're taking baby steps and not picking up another mess of talented RBs who won't be able to run because of the weak line. Start with a good line, then build around it.

And Geno finally got drafted.....to the Jets. That makes five, FIVE QBs......

I think everyone got their fill of qb drafts the last few years...now they need better people to protect them.