The A-Rod ban

Lance

214 games...all of 2014...ouch!

I think he stands a strong chance of winning an appeal though, he was suspended under MLB's drug policy only...everyone else got 50 games which is standard for the first time offender.

They should have suspended him under a different violation if they wanted to really make it stick...I don't see how they will justify it to a 3rd party as it stands. ARod being injured this year would have probably just ridden out a 50 game like everyone else and showed up next year like all was forgotten.

Be interesting to see if the Yanks can finally get rid of him and I'm sure he'll get the Barry Bonds blackballed treatment from there.

Thoughts UVAO?

I think they'll keep him at 162, but you're right: I think it's reduced a bit.

one thing that stands out, the other guys all got "the usual" expected first timer penalty...A-Rod falls in that category as well.

The timing of this is all very interesting. MLB handed these down and did the 50 games at the point they did, so as to allow the other players to be done with suspensions and back on the field for the playoffs THIS YEAR...A-Rod would miss all of this year, playoffs and all of next year and the playoffs...and they didn't really charge him with anything other than violation of the drug policy...so, i just don't think they can make that stick all thing considered. I bet he gets 50 games like everyone else does and the ruling will not come until after the season is over with. So He'll miss the start of next year and be back before the All Star break.