If winter is anyting like this spring/summer

I'm afraid to even ask what winter might bring this year. Seems like it's been a really weird year nature-wise. Sink holes popping up all over the place, rain all summer, and lots of animals everywhere (I've seen more deer this year than ever before, a bear, and just yesterday 39 turkey crossed the road in front of me in one place). Crazy.

I'm afraid to even ask what winter might bring this year. Seems like it's been a really weird year nature-wise. Sink holes popping up all over the place, rain all summer, and lots of animals everywhere (I've seen more deer this year than ever before, a bear, and just yesterday 39 turkey crossed the road in front of me in one place). Crazy.

know what you mean, i to, over my way, have seen a increase of wildlife, birds, bugs,deer, squirels, only thing i have not seen this year......honey bees.......

Lots and lots of snow!

There has been A LOT of wildlife out this year.

The sink holes are a little unnerving for me. Idk if they are just getting more coverage now or if there are more of them.

Maybe just getting more coverage since that seems to be the media's thing nowadays...push stories about things that have been happening for years, a lot more than everyone really knew about. Or it could be a little of both.

know what you mean, i to, over my way, have seen a increase of wildlife, birds, bugs,deer, squirels, only thing i have not seen this year......honey bees.......

Saw my first honey bee of the season on Sunday afternoon.

Definitely one of the coolest, wettest summers I remember. I worry about tropical developments with hurricane season getting near its peak and anything affecting this area with all this rain we've seen this summer.

The winter could be a colder, snowy one, if the pattern holds. Just depends on the jet stream pattern, and so far we've been stuck with troughs developing and hanging on the eastern U.S. But we all know things can change, and unfortunately when they do it usually turns the complete opposite.

I kinda think the sink holes are just the media but its still weird. We had one develop in my drive way, right at the edge of the main road(it was about the size of a basketball on the surface but much wider and pretty deep inside). They are just an odd occurrence to me.

This has been a very wet summer and really other than the past few weeks it hasn't been that hot.