Benefit Game: Richlands @ Honaker

Nadoball

benefit game thats it. glorified scrimmage.. the R will get a chance to insert more players, naker will probably do the same....i believe it will benefit naker more than the R.

Edited by cwood78

I figure you might see a half with starters. Mance has been know to play that game to win but will be surprised if you see the QB and RB the entire game.

I think we'll see the starters for the entire first half then, depending on score/execution, we may see them a few more snaps in the 2nd half.

So I'm hearing the game might be moved to Saturday because of the lighting problem at Honaker, or it might be moved to Richlands? Anyone know anything?

Nothing has changed as of this moment. The decision will be made Thursday.

What did they do to Richlands lights this summer? I noticed them taking them down. Was it just a cleaning or replacement of the lights?

Everything is new. New bulbs, new covers, new wiring. Everything.

Hasn't there been a whole 9+ months to take care of this lighting problem?

You would think....Razor and I were having this discussion with HurricaneWarning and Canes00 at the scrimmage. You'd think in 9 1/2 months that someone could figure it out....

So I'm hearing the game might be moved to Saturday because of the lighting problem at Honaker, or it might be moved to Richlands? Anyone know anything?

Friday night at 7:30. Official.

Everything is new. New bulbs, new covers, new wiring. Everything.

Good maybe now the Richlands fans won't be able to say the referee couldn't see well enough to make a call. Personally I have heard enough whining from the Richlands fans for one lifetime.

Good maybe now the Richlands fans won't be able to say the referee couldn't see well enough to make a call. Personally I have heard enough whining from the Richlands fans for one lifetime.

Boo Hoo

What does this even mean?

A rapier is a slender, sharply pointed sword, ideally used for thrusting attacks, used mainly in Early Modern Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries.  I was referring to the scathing nature of the "BooHoo" reply. Also, I feel as though I should point on the intent of my original comment. I have closely followed high school sports in SWVa for many years and since the Richlands reign of terror began in the early 2000s I have noticed a common trend. Whenever Richlands loses, especially a close game, it always seems that there was some external circumstance at play. This circumstance is usually officiating. I have watched some poorly called games, but it is impossible for Richlands to get beat on a bad call that many times. I would consider the chances roughly the same as being struck by lightening, while winning the lottery, and while being mauled by an albino moose.  Some nights just aren't yours and you get beat fair and square. It just seems that according to some Richlands fans, that never happens.

A rapier is a slender, sharply pointed sword, ideally used for thrusting attacks, used mainly in Early Modern Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries.  I was referring to the scathing nature of the "BooHoo" reply. Also, I feel as though I should point on the intent of my original comment. I have closely followed high school sports in SWVa for many years and since the Richlands reign of terror began in the early 2000s I have noticed a common trend. Whenever Richlands loses, especially a close game, it always seems that there was some external circumstance at play. This circumstance is usually officiating. I have watched some poorly called games, but it is impossible for Richlands to get beat on a bad call that many times. I would consider the chances roughly the same as being struck by lightening, while winning the lottery, and while being mauled by an albino moose.  Some nights just aren't yours and you get beat fair and square. It just seems that according to some Richlands fans, that never happens.

You're going to have that at every school. There will always be fans that complain about something. Find the informed fans on here an look at their reasoning. We know why our teams lose. I've seen Richlands get completely screwed by refs before (a 4th and 65ish at Tazwewell in I believe 08 comes to mind), I've also seen us get blasted by Cave Spring last year. You can't listen to everyone and judge an entire fan base off of them.

Also, thanks for clearing up the rapier. I'd heard it before but couldn't remember what it meant.

Well, the Blues look good tonight, but I was far enough in the corner near the entrance and didn't get to see much goings on as they only came down that way once in the fourth quarter, but was it just me or did anyone else think the Blues looked shakey tonight? Grey looked he either a) didn't have enough time or b) was afraid of taking a big hit and letting his recievers get out of place. Finally picked it up after halftime which seems to be the Blues way of doing things now a days, but all in all, I am gonna need one more game to really get a feel for it.