HS FB Updates- Fri. 9-6-2013

trublue

It was a terrible play call by Mance...but let me explain what was called and where it went wrong.    They ran the 1 defender off leaving 1 on 1 to the outside.

The receiver was running and out and up.      The corner jumped the out route and the receiver had him beat on the deep route.          The only problem is that the QB threw the ball on the out pattern and never let the play develop.      Oops.

The OLB made the pick...the CB was deep. That play was going nowhere. Just a horrible call after running the play before. If it had been taken to OT Richlands has the advantage considering the yards #30 was getting on his carries. Not saying the outcome would be any different, but they had much better odds IMO. They pretty much controlled the game, just gave up too many big plays.

I worded that wrong.... They ran the CB off or atleast sent a receiver deep to block the CB after the catch.  They had the OLB matched up on the out and up. 

The OLB jumped the out route and the receiver was already starting to cut up field.    The QB for some reason threw the out route instead waiting for the receiver to cut up field.     If he had waited....it was honestly a foot race if they could've had 1 block on the CB.     Go back and watch the tape... Mance had exactly what he wanted but that's the thing with High School Football..... what coaches want and what a 16 year old kid does...isn't always the same thing. lol

Great game, great finish.   I'm all for a rematch come playoff time.   

I seriously don't think even if the pass was completed Richlands scores there. Union has speed to burn in the secondary. Nobody on that field is going to out run #1 for Union. That was just a bonehead call...kinda like Turner going for it on his own 12 last week.