Book of Manning.....good stuff

BigO

Whether you're a Manning fan or not, the story is awesome.  From Archie to Eli, great story.  If you haven't seen it, they are showing it random times on the ESPN family of networks.  Catch it if you haven't.

I've watched it twice now...excellent documentary!  Unlike you young bucks, I'm old enough that I watched Archie play for the Saints back in the day.  He was a good QB who just got stuck with a really crappy team and a really crappy franchise.  And yes, even though he's a UT Volunteer, I'm a Peyton Manning fan...no one can direct an offense as well as he can.  He'll go down in my book as one of the greatest NFL QB's ever.  And its fun trying to watch Eli "keep up" with his brother...he's good but I think he knows he'll never be as good as Peyton.

Peyton IS the best QB in history. Ive never really been a fan(hes never been on a team I pulled for) but he can make any throw, doesent make mistakes with the ball, outthinks just about every defense he faces and is a great leader. Gotta respect the man. Eli is a solid NFL QB and was a really, really good college QB but isint even really in the discussion with Peyton. 

What I want to know is how in the world could Archie run like Johnny Manziel but Peyton is almost a statue and Eli is mobile at best? You would think they would have gotten some of his athletic ability, i guess maybe all of that athleticism went to Cooper.

Peyton IS the best QB in history. Ive never really been a fan(hes never been on a team I pulled for) but he can make any throw, doesent make mistakes with the ball, outthinks just about every defense he faces and is a great leader. Gotta respect the man. Eli is a solid NFL QB and was a really, really good college QB but isint even really in the discussion with Peyton. 

What I want to know is how in the world could Archie run like Johnny Manziel but Peyton is almost a statue and Eli is mobile at best? You would think they would have gotten some of his athletic ability, i guess maybe all of that athleticism went to Cooper.

It was a different era when Archie played.  If Peyton and Eli had played college football back in the late '60's or even in the '70's and early 80's in the NFL when Archie played, they probably would have been able to do some of the things Archie did with his legs.  Don't get me wrong, they are not up to Archie's standards athletically, but playing with bigger, stronger, faster players in today's NFL is not apples to apples.