Virginia Tech and Tennessee to play at Bristol Motor Speedway

blueinbama

Im really excited about it!  as is just about every football fan I know lol    09 was great! we had a party with fans of both teams, good times. Lookin forward to doin it again, if I cant get tickets

Like I said in the shoutbox, both teams need to wear their home uniforms. Lets just try to keep the crazy uniforms out of it

Maybe this will lead to a home and away at some point

From what i've read on FBSschedules.com the contract for the game will include a game in 2017 as well. They mention Blacksburg as the likely location.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/10/report-tennessee-virginia-tech-bristol-motor-speedway-2016/

IF so, then that would leave UT with only 6 games at Neyland for both 2016 and 17.

As long as i've been going, Tennessee has always had a minimum of 7 home games each year.

Interesting to see what happens...

Like I said in the shoutbox, both teams need to wear their home uniforms. Lets just try to keep the crazy uniforms out of it

I disagree.  In classic Bristol Motor Speedway fashion, both teams should wear their sponsors' stickers on their helmets.  That way, Frank Beamer could say, "Well, we had that number 3 Gatorade Nike runnin' real good tonight..." 

WJHL said Tennessee would be the Home team. There is talk of the Vols going to Blacksburg the following year..... Which I would love to see as well. Never been to Lane and I would love to watch that one as well. Just great news..... We just needed to get rid of that Stupid AD we had. New bunch seems to understand what the fan base is wanting. Hope this happens.

Ive heard that there might be a 2017 game at Lane too.  I don't really understand that, why not have 1 game on a neutral site and then follow it with a home and away series? but anyway, im glad that we have what we have.

Lane is a nice stadium. Its very different than Neyland, both crowds are great tho. Great atmosphere at both.

The reason being is that the agreement is for Tennessee to be the home team for this matchup so that this "huge" event at BMS falls under the SEC Network contract. I really wouldn't have thought that would have mattered since the ACC is under a contract with ESPN also, unless their agreement runs out before 2016.