Abingdon/Va High

Jethro

I hate to do this because my heart wants me to pick AHS but my brain says VHS.  It comes down to 2 things for me.  Play calling and turnovers.  If AHS can have ZERO turnovers and play calling is stellar (and neither of those things has EVER happened at AHS) then AHS will win.  And I'm not just talking about offensive play calling....defensive play calling has also been horrible.  The scheme has been just horrible.  Brown is a good running back and with a little better O Line he would be great.  If AHS linebackers can play the ball and not a zone then we can contain him some.  If they do what they've done all year and play zones then he will eat AHS up.  I will go with my brain and what history dictates and pick VHS to win....20-14.  Dang it, that hurts. 

I hate to do this because my heart wants me to pick AHS but my brain says VHS.  It comes down to 2 things for me.  Play calling and turnovers.  If AHS can have ZERO turnovers and play calling is stellar (and neither of those things has EVER happened at AHS) then AHS will win.  And I'm not just talking about offensive play calling....defensive play calling has also been horrible.  The scheme has been just horrible.  Brown is a good running back and with a little better O Line he would be great.  If AHS linebackers can play the ball and not a zone then we can contain him some.  If they do what they've done all year and play zones then he will eat AHS up.  I will go with my brain and what history dictates and pick VHS to win....20-14.  Dang it, that hurts. 

I agree with everything that you said. I think VHS scores more than 20 and I hope the Falcons can score at least 2 tds. Coaching staff is awful.

Well, I stick by what I said....turnovers and play calling. Makes all the difference in this one.  And historically, we are bad at both.  If we keep Brown under 80-100 yds...which we would only do with decent defensive play calling.....then we have a chance.  Looking forward to the game.

The OLine is pretty decent.  Needs some work but I think its because of the scheme they're taught.  They constantly run that pulling crap and its tough for big guys to get there quick enough.....especially when you have a burner in the backfield.

If the linebackers play zone instead of the ball then Brown will probably get close to 200...no joke.  Serious question here...I know about Brown of course, but who else does VHS have?  I truly don't know and not being a smartass by asking. 

AHS lost the game, no doubt.  Play calling sucked.  We had 2 chances in the first 5 minutes of the game to put it in the end zone and we threw the ball like it was on fire and no one wanted to carry it.  We have a pretty dang fast RB and we gave up on the running game after the first play.  Didn't set plays up and still tried to run them. Idiots.  The Brown kid was really good but, to be honest, the sportsmanship of the VHS players was HUGELY lacking.  Purposely kicking kids in the face while they are on the ground, massive profanity and name calling, etc.  To me, this wipes away and kudos I might have given them.  And, it reflects very poorly on the head coach and the parents.  What a shame.