Richlands Big Blues

adsi97

How about them Blues! They seem to get lucky at the right time. They're not as good as last few years but Lady Luck seems to be there when they need it most. Keep on keeping on Big Blues!

Richlands made their own luck by stripping the ball that was intercepted, using time-outs wisely in the closing minutes, and never giving up in the face of adversity.  When a team turns the ball over 4 times and comes out victorious, that's not luck.  That's character.   That's the stuff of champions.   

Proud of the Blues last night !

Didn't seem to be playing with any fire last night until late and still found a way to pull out a tough game !  Shows a lot about the heart of the guys when the game was on the line,  they made the plays to win the game.

Good job by the coaches with their time management at the end..........good job !

My hats off to the Abingdon kids for playing with a lot of heart and playing hard at Ernie,  it was a great way for the Blues to win the game,  but a heart breaker for the kids from Falcon land.  I remember how we felt when we lost at the end of the game at Union !

Good job with the comeback last night Blues,  now come out with the same fire next week that you had at the end of this weeks game !

Great win for Richlands, don't think anybody expected it to come down to the final seconds but they came through when it mattered the most.  Sounded like a freshman came up big toward the end!  Richlands radio announcers didn't seem to happy about the attendance of last nights game and then some of their actions after Abingdon went up 17-7. 

I heard a couple of members of the "dream team" got a chance to play the other night and made a difference at the end of the game...

Think they'll get more PT over the next few weeks???

I heard a couple of members of the "dream team" got a chance to play the other night and made a difference at the end of the game...

Think they'll get more PT over the next few weeks???

You are correct. They did get to play. A few made some key plays too. I guess we will see on Friday night weather they have earned some time.

I feel if a kid has talent and is a freshman and can out play his upper class men than he should get to play. Its not his fault for out working them or just having god given talent, thats whats wrong with alot of programs around this area they think just cause a player is a freshman or sophmore they should have to wait to start thats bull%**# let the best kids play.

Don't know alot about the kids on the varsity team at RHS but I watch the 8th grade team play graham at home and if that group of kids stick together and work hard all winter & spring coach mance is going to have one hell of a team an couple of years and just might give some of his upper class players a run for there starting spots next year. But if coach mance don't need them T-Town is needing some recruits just might have to do some scouting lol!!

Don't know alot about the kids on the varsity team at RHS but I watch the 8th grade team play graham at home and if that group of kids stick together and work hard all winter & spring coach mance is going to have one hell of a team an couple of years and just might give some of his upper class players a run for there starting spots next year. But if coach mance don't need them T-Town is needing some recruits just might have to do some scouting lol!!

I agree.  They are a very talented group of kids coming up.