Peoples tops 2000

ISOaPBR

I don't know how much 2nd half time he spent on the field vs. on the bench, but I think Dixon has had more 2nd half points this year than Peoples.  Makes me think he got a lot of blow-out rest, which kept his numbers low.

I don't know how much 2nd half time he spent on the field vs. on the bench, but I think Dixon has had more 2nd half points this year than Peoples.  Makes me think he got a lot of blow-out rest, which kept his numbers low.

This is very true.  He only had 3 carries in the second half last week against Bland and only 1 the week before against Narrows.  He didn't play at all in the second half against Glenvar in week 1 and sat the entire game in week 2 against Floyd for precautionary reasons after suffering concussion like symptoms at halftime of the Glenvar game.  

so, he's was out for most of 5 halves there alone, meaning 2000 yards in 6.5 games... that would project into a 3000 season.

Can't wait to see what he does at the next level.

It will be interesting to see what happens going into the playoffs.  Galax will not be an easy out for anyone.  They have been playing very well as a unit since halftime of the Fort Chiswell game and it has been like watching a completely different team than the one who played the first 5 games of the season.  If Steven can continue to rack up the yardage he has thus far in the season, he has an opportunity to reach 3,000 yards.  That's a lot of "if's and but's" so we will see.  Nonetheless, it is one of the most impressive seasons I have ever seen.  I was talking to a VHSL official last week who refereed a bunch of Thomas and Julius Jones' games in high school.  He compares Steven to the two of them in terms of size, speed, power, agility and competitiveness.

It will be interesting to see what happens going into the playoffs.  Galax will not be an easy out for anyone.  They have been playing very well as a unit since halftime of the Fort Chiswell game and it has been like watching a completely different team than the one who played the first 5 games of the season.  If Steven can continue to rack up the yardage he has thus far in the season, he has an opportunity to reach 3,000 yards.  That's a lot of "if's and but's" so we will see.  Nonetheless, it is one of the most impressive seasons I have ever seen.  I was talking to a VHSL official last week who refereed a bunch of Thomas and Julius Jones' games in high school.  He compares Steven to the two of them in terms of size, speed, power, agility and competitiveness.

That is easy for me to say sitting in the stands as a spectator.  Those kids were the ones one the field competing against Altivista, Giles, and Fort Chiswell in consecutive weeks.  That early schedule could play a huge role in why they didn't look as good as they do now.