State Finals

Lunker Bass

Haysi, Honaker, Fort Chiswell all can get there imo. Put Galax in there as a dark horse.  It definitely wont be easy and when/if they play the East teams they will probably be underdogs but I think they can get it done. I think we could see another all SWVA title game.

The past 2 years West has went 4-0 against the East in D1

I agree with what redtiger says.  I would love nothing more than to put Richlands in that group,  but i just can't this year.  They are playing better right now,  but the lack of speed will hurt in the playoffs.....especially the deeper they go. 

But they have a very tough game to get by this week first.  Graham will be ready and will be tough to beat again,  but I do think the blues can do it......especially at Ernie,  but I do think it will be close and hard fought.  Should be a big crowd from both teams and a great atmosphere !

AA is tough and I honestly cant see any of our West teams beating a East team. That's not a shot at anyone's team, the talent and speed simply isn't there. Now if the Richland's teams from a few years ago were playing now I would say their chances would be strong.

I think Fort Chiswell, Galax, and Giles are our best bets. Fort is a true team. Going to be hard to beat. Those teams out East don't hit like Graham does. Galax has arguably the best RB in the state. Good luck stopping him. And Giles hasn't really been tested outside Galax. 

Considering the talent of the teams in SWVA and the first round matchups, which if any team(s) would you consider to have a "good" chance at going to the finals? 

Galax or Haysi will be eliminated in second round.. that is if Galax defeats GW and Haysi defeats Eastside. My picks are Ft Chiswell...And I have to stand by my guys in green..the Clintwood Greenwave who could be a sleeper team...they won it in 2011 and have a solid team.

I think the Greenwave offense is too inconsistant for them to win State. I wouldnt be suprised if they had an "upset: win or two but I dont think they can do it 5 weeks in a row.

Fixed that for ya.

I had it right, they will demolish JIB(round 1) but they would be ranked lower that their next 4 potential opponents(most likley). I dont think they could pull off 4 upsets in a row.

Appreciate you watching out for me tho

I had it right, they will demolish JIB(round 1) but they would be ranked lower that their next 4 potential opponents(most likley). I dont think they could pull off 4 upsets in a row.

Appreciate you watching out for me tho

Ah. I see what you were doing. My bad. :/ hahaha

I think the Greenwave offense is too inconsistant for them to win State. I wouldnt be suprised if they had an "upset: win or two but I dont think they can do it 4 weeks in a row.

No one thought in 2011 after losing to Grayson County 61 to 6 that Clintwood would win the next 13 straight games... Galax was undefeated ,Sussex was a juggernaut, George Wythe was undefeated I believe.. one by one they fell. Galax being the final one to fall 33 to 28. I have been around the Clintwood program many years.. I agree this team lacks offensive weapons as 2011 team..but they have a solid team....Had it not been for a poor defensive series in the final minute of the Clintwood -Haysi game,  Haysi would be 9-1 and so would Clintwood be 9-1...The Clintwood Db's got lazy and burned giving up a 60 yd td on 4th down with 1 minute to go. 

Good points wave316 but at the same time Haysi gave up a easy TD pass with about a minute left, had that not happened Haysi wouldn't have needed the last second TD pass to win. Clintwood's DBs actually got lazy twice, once on the 4th and 1 pass on the home side and then the TD pass on the visitor side. It was a back and forth game and Haysi just had the ball last. I honesty think if Clintwood would have had the ball for 1 more minute they probably would have another TD. It was just that kind of game.

Haysi built off of that game and improved week to week. Clintwood has suffered injuries and hasn't improved. Still a dangerous team, just not a state title contender imo. The '11 team developed a MONSTER running game as the season went on and that gave them consistency. They used the beating they took from Grayson as motivation. Haysi used the close game with Clintwood as a springboard. To prove my point just look at how they both played Honaker, Clintwood is not as bad as they looked against Honaker and Haysi isn't as good but still.  It wouldn't surprise me at all for Clintwood to beat Haysi IF they face each other again, when a team has players like Nate Mullins and Austin Turner they can score points on anyone.