Fort Chiswell-Essex

dodgerwahoo

What are peoples thoughts on this game?  I have waited all week for someone to start the topic, but never did. 

I hope to see an All-West final, and I think both teams have a very good chance in making it.

I know that both east teams are boasting the speed of their teams, but I really don't think their speed is of that magnitude to warrant the score predictions on other sites.

I remember just last year that no one gave GW much of a chance because every player on Sussex was sub 4.5 and GW's power running game would not be enough to slow them down....we know how that turned out. 

I do believe the Fort has an offensive line that rivals some small colleges.

My prediction Fort 38 Essex 14...and that score has NOTHING to do with impending weather.

Go Fort Chiswell!! I hope they have enough room for your fans...unless it has changed from last year, their stadium is not good as far as seating goes. I do believe if Fort can pull ahead they win. I so hope The Fort can win, good luck tomorrow:)

Fort 34

Essex 28

I think Fort wins this one in the trenches. Just like everyone knows everybody that's left now is capable of winning any game. That being said who ever executes there game plan the best with the fewest amount of turnovers and penalties usually wins. I think this will be the case here today. I think Fort will be the more physical team also. Good luck Fort!

Denton did you see Essex last year. I really think if Fort does not turn the ball over- I think they win.

Posted this in the updates thread when I meant for it to go here:

The Fort/Essex game reminds me of the Battle/Essex game last year. We brought so many fans that they had to move half their home side bleachers to the visitor side and our fans filled the stands over an hour before kickoff while Essex fans only really started filing in literally 20 minutes before kickoff. Refs were pretty bad last year too. Essex had the ball first and on the first play threw an interception, but the refs threw a flag after the play was done and called Essex on false start and gave them the ball back. I'm not really surprised if this game is going the same way (and it's a shame because Essex has a really good team to begin with). The fans were super nice though...I have to give them credit for that.

Essex had some really good athletes last year and a lot of speed. Battle's defense was super aggressive last year and won some games, but couldn't stop Essex (we did have some key injuries both before and during that game, but without that it still might have been a loss....they were tough and it didn't help that the refs were all from the surrounding area, as the game's announcer told me).

I have never seen a touchdown with 12 men on the field and the refs not catch it. The sideline judge on the Essex side threw 2 flags on what would have been first downs at the 30 & 12 yd lines on 2 different drives. Not to mention the second down TD run not given. Essex has more speed than any division one team I have ever seen.

I've seen Essex..... and the 2003 William Campbell team with Cedric Peerman would beat them by 40 points.    Could've ran circles around Essex.  They outscored opponents that year 740-128 including the 70-0 state championship win over a pretty good Appalachia team that had just ended Bath County's 24 game winning streak the week before.