Interesting question for all of you NFL fans...

Ryan4VT

Where should Peyton retire?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where should he end it?

• Indianapolis
    • Denver

And friend and I were debating at college on what Peyton should do once he retires. 

All of this was brought up by the swirling rumors that this may be his last season. 

We were specifically talking about where Peyton should retire. If it is his time to retire, does he retire a Bronco? Or does he come back to Indy on a 1 day deal, similar to what Jeff Saturday did, and retire in Indy. 

I'm a Colts die-hard, so I'm obviously biased on wanting Peyton to end his career as a Colt.  But what say you? Where do you weigh in?

Just my opinion...I think Peyton will retire as a Bronco... if, he wins a SB ring with Denver.

However, I think he will go into the FB HOF as a Colt (or he could be like Greg Maddux who announced today he wasn't going in as a Brave... though when playing with the Braves, he won a World Series title and three Cy Young awards. Maddux said he was with the Cubs when he started out and he would enter the BB HOF with no logo on his cap.) However, don't think Peyton will go that route...he will go in as a Colt.

Back to Peyton...the Broncos and Elway gave him another shot at extending his career after he was released by the Colts. I think with the end of Peyton's career approaching...he will reflect on the second chance extended by the Broncos and Elway ....Peyton will honor the Broncos faith in his ability to LEAD them to the Super Bowl by retiring as a Bronco.  You could not write a better fairy tale ending.

I think he retires as a Bronco.

What he has done the past 2 seasons(especially this season) is nothing short of incredible and if they win the SB this season I think his time in Denver overshadows everything he did in Indy.

I disagree!  He should sign a one day contract and retire a Colt, whenever that may be.  In my opinion, you can't "overshadow" 14 exceptional years in one city by having 2 excellent seasons in Denver, or any other city for that matter.  Manning has gotten more results out of less talented teams in Indy arguably than any player in league history.  The fact the team went 2-14 when he missed the season after neck surgery after an 11-5 season the year before speaks volumes.  

Denver has more talent on both sides of the ball than any team Manning played on in Indy.  Proof being, Tim Tebow led them to a playoff win the year before Manning arrived.  The talent was already there, Manning was the cherry on top.

Manning will go into the Hall of Fame as a Colt, he should retire as a Colt.

The Broncos success is tied directly to Manning. He isint the cherry on top, he tied it all together. Tebow won with Denver by throwing to Demarious Thomas and running, very different than what Manning has done / is doing.

A lot of players are remembered for 1 game, or even 1 play. Manning will be remembered for this season, IF they win the SB.   Those #s are almost unbelievable.

Im not trying to downplay what he did in Indy, he's been good for a long time and his value to them was obvious(as you stated sixcat)