Seattle police to re-investigate Cobain's death

He attempted suicide a few other times so it stands to reason he finally succeeded.  However, according to some reports, the gun was found some 9 feet away from the body.  That would be highly unlikely if it were suicide.  Given the sensationalized media climate we live in today, its hard to know the accuracy of those claims. 

He attempted suicide a few other times so it stands to reason he finally succeeded.  However, according to some reports, the gun was found some 9 feet away from the body.  That would be highly unlikely if it were suicide.  Given the sensationalized media climate we live in today, its hard to know the accuracy of those claims. 

Given the media today, I trust absolutely nothing unless (1) I see it happen live or (2) I do my own independent research on the topic.

However, it wouldn't shock me to see the gun 9 feet away.  His weapon of choice was a shotgun, which will have some recoil.  Cobain was a frail, spindly little man.  Recoil + bounce could well equal 9 feet.

Given the media today, I trust absolutely nothing unless (1) I see it happen live or (2) I do my own independent research on the topic.

However, it wouldn't shock me to see the gun 9 feet away.  His weapon of choice was a shotgun, which will have some recoil.  Cobain was a frail, spindly little man.  Recoil + bounce could well equal 9 feet.

How do we know that the blast didn't blow his scrawny ass nine feet from where he shot himself???

The caliber was a 20 gauge but I still see the point.  The point I was trying to make was given the cult following, no "public" information should be accepted without question.  People tend to fabricate details for self serving purposes.  Some want so badly for there hero's to be larger than life and when they fall, they can't accept or deal with it.

It appears the reopening of the case may be a hoax, however.  Regardless, given the circles Cobain ran in, it would be difficult to imagine that secret being kept for 20 years had it been anything other than suicide.