Bradshaw and the Jones brothers...

Lance

Grundy would have gotten slaughtered that year too. Gretna was absolutely loaded. Returned almost everyone from the previous year that beat Graham. If it weren't for the Gmen moving Bradshaw to wideout and him being a one man show, that score would have been embarassing too. Boy that was fun to watch though, Bradshaw showed just how good he really was that day.

yeah thats easy to say but impossible to prove...Grundy had their best defense in years that year....would have given Gretna a much better game than Tazewell (who Grundy had just beat the hell out of a couple of weeks earlier...along with Va High as well)...but, we'll never know because the refs in the Va High game took that off the table for all involved and sent Grundy home, Va High didn't even get across the 50 yard line that entire game until OT put them in the red zone automatically and Grundy had 2 or 3 TD's called back....so...say and think what you want but it is what it is.

They also said that same Grundy team would get blown out at Collinsville by all the "track stars" on that team and Grundy went down there and hung 21 points on them in the first quarter before they knew what hit them and closed out that schools history with a loss. 

yeah thats easy to say but impossible to prove...Grundy had their best defense in years that year....would have given Gretna a much better game than Tazewell (who Grundy had just beat the hell out of a couple of weeks earlier...along with Va High as well)...but, we'll never know because the refs in the Va High game took that off the table for all involved and sent Grundy home, Va High didn't even get across the 50 yard line that entire game until OT put them in the red zone automatically and Grundy had 2 or 3 TD's called back....so...say and think what you want but it is what it is.

They also said that same Grundy team would get blown out at Collinsville by all the "track stars" on that team and Grundy went down there and hung 21 points on them in the first quarter before they knew what hit them and closed out that schools history with a loss.

That's fine. I agree with you we will never know. But remember Tazewell didn't have Mark Muncy at LB or fb against Grundy that game either. He got injured against Marion before that game and didn't fully recover the rest of the year. So...ifs and butts I guess. I'm pretty sure that was a good close game until the 4th quarter. Then Grundy pulled away. They were a very physical team for sure. I know there were some happy folks in Tazewell when the bearcats pulled the first round upset. Try not to be so sensitive big guy. It's been 10 years lol

Main thing I was trying to say was Bradshaw showed us all how good he was that day. He was on the field against several other D1 football players and I felt like he was the best player that game. He didn't have much around him and almost pulled off the upset by himself. Didn't mean to imply Grundy wasn't a great football team, just saying how good Gretna was. Tazewell had pulled within 28-21 and was getting the ball after the half. We fumbled and on the next play they scored. Got the ball back, fumbled again, they scored quickly again. Game over. Too much speed at every position and they were very physical too.

I think it was 35-14 or so...can't remember all the details at this point. Grundy clearly had the better team that year...not always the case, but it was that year. Grundy had the rare ability to score on D with that team and even in that game Colby Owes snatched the ball away from Tazewell's QB and scored a TD...that was a very rare team for Grundy...probably the best since the '96 team. It's a shame that things played out the way they did, maybe they go to Gretna and get creamed by 50 and maybe Colby Owens blindsides Vic Hall on the first play of the game and puts him on the bench...again, the refs in that Va High game denied that from happening...so all that is left is "what if?"...what we do know is Grundy beat Tazewell 35-14 and Tazewell lost to Gretna 55-28.

Grundy had Garon Marcum playing DB that year and he had enough speed to cover it....he had a 96 yard INT for a TD against Graham in the 02 playoffs as a 9th grader...and he was running a legit 4.5 time in the 40 that year as an 11th grader.

What's all that mean? What's it count for? Nothing.

But, would have liked to have had a shot at Gretna that year just to see.