FB UPDATES 11-7-14

tbgfan

I thought he was a junior. If he is indeed a senior, and it would have been a 2 game suspension, it would carry over to any other extra curricular activity he may wish to participate.

None-the-less, he will be suspended the entirety of the next game. College is where they suspend for halves.

I wish he was a jr. But no, he's a Sr this year. And after some research, I'm well aware of the rules. However, if memory serves me correctly, there was a time when VHSL suspensions were halves. And since I don't now, nor have I ever, keep the rulebook on my coffee table, I had to look it up.

He will be out the entire next game if he got ejected. It doesn't matter what quarter. AJ Johnson got ejected during the second quarter of our game with Tazewell in 2012 for blowing a kiss to the Bulldog fans and was ejected. He missed the entire next game and it was our first playoff game against Cave Spring. It was his second personal foul of the game so it could be different but I don't think it is.

Based on the wording of the rules, it's a full 1 game unless it's his second ejection in a single season. Since he's not been previously ejected this season, it's 1 game. So the previous fouls shouldn't apply.

Blowing a kiss? Really? Since when...nevermind. I'm not even going there. I'll just stop myself with that being ridiculous, regardless of the number of fouls.

Based on the wording of the rules, it's a full 1 game unless it's his second ejection in a single season. Since he's not been previously ejected this season, it's 1 game. So the previous fouls shouldn't apply.

Blowing a kiss? Really? Since when...nevermind. I'm not even going there. I'll just stop myself with that being ridiculous, regardless of the number of fouls.

He was pushed out of bounds on the Tazewell sidelines and the fans were shouting racial slurs at him so he blew them a kiss. The ref thought he flipped them off. After the game the ref offered to let Richlands appeal the suspension and the ref said he would tell the VHSL that he messed up, but our administration wouldn't do it. But that's an entirely different story.

He was pushed out of bounds on the Tazewell sidelines and the fans were shouting racial slurs at him so he blew them a kiss. The ref thought he flipped them off. After the game the ref offered to let Richlands appeal the suspension and the ref said he would tell the VHSL that he messed up, but our administration wouldn't do it. But that's an entirely different story.

I can sort of understand how the mistake happened, but kudos to the refs for admitting it. Doesn't happen often. To the rest of the story...ridiculous. If an appeal was warranted, it should have been done. Anyway, water under the bridge I guess. Gilman held his own 2nd half without Dallas, so hopefully he can again against Auburn. We shall see. Will be missing Landon Turner (WR/CB) as well, but that will hurt more on defense than offense. Ward has a mouth on him, so I'm really not surprised at the ejection. I'd say the ref knew that, he is a local guy.

Seriously??

Seriously??

Well hopefully the Tazewell folks have seen more people of color since 2012 and won't come to Bullitt Park with this foolishness!

Well hopefully the Tazewell folks have seen more people of color since 2012 and won't come to Bullitt Park with this foolishness!

They had at least 5 on their team that year. It's just a rivalry game that got a little out of hand. Haha.