Ray Rice

Ryan4VT

Would you sign Ray Rice?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Rice just won his appeal of the indefinite suspension. So he is now cleared to sign with any team and start immediately. That said, would you want your team to sign him if they needed him?

My thought is that Indy really needs a replacement for Bradshaw. T-Rich is a decent complement back, but he's not a feature back. It's a risky move with the PR side of it, but Rice has went to council sessions and taken all the steps that he needs to fix his life. I'm all for giving someone a second chance. 

So, would you take him?

Why is he scum? I understand he hit a woman. And I hate that. But at the same time, everyone deserves a second chance.

I agree, scum...I wonder how people would feel about second chances if it were their mom or sister getting knocked out. No second chances from me. Just my opinion anyway.

I agree, scum...I wonder how people would feel about second chances if it were their mom or sister getting knocked out. No second chances from me. Just my opinion anyway.

If it was YOU, would you not want a second chance to prove that it was a mistake and that you've learned from it? Put yourself in his shoes and then tell me you wouldn't give him a second chance.

I wouldn't hit a woman. My Dad raised me better. I guess I can't argue that point.

I wouldn't hit a woman either. But if you were that drink, you don't know what you'd do. Im sure he didn't think he would hit her either.

As a dad myself, I worry about what kind of message that is sending to my boys that love football. If I signed a Ray Rice, I would be saying that the importance if winning a football game is higher than the importance of how we treat the women in our lives. Don't know about you, but I have a daughter, wife, mom, and 2 sisters that I really hope nobody ever punches in the head like he did.

Again, just my opinion though.

I wouldn't hit a woman either. But if you were that drink, you don't know what you'd do. Im sure he didn't think he would hit her either.

Lol, so you are using him being drunk as an excuse? I've been drunk before, still never hit a woman big guy.

Lol, so you are using him being drunk as an excuse? I've been drunk before, still never hit a woman big guy.

I have absolutely no idea what it's like to be drunk. So I don't know what would happen. I value the fact that I've never drank, so I'm the wrong person to talk to about that. I'm just saying that I've seen my best friends do things they would never ever ever do when they are drunk. And we know that Rice and his fiancé were both pretty lit. 

As for my (hopefully one day) daughter and sons, I want them to know never to hit anyone. But, at the same time, I would want them to learn from it if they did and realize that you pay the price and move on with life. 

That's just my stance on everything. We all have different ones. Lol.

I have absolutely no idea what it's like to be drunk. So I don't know what would happen. I value the fact that I've never drank, so I'm the wrong person to talk to about that. I'm just saying that I've seen my best friends do things they would never ever ever do when they are drunk. And we know that Rice and his fiancé were both pretty lit.

As for my (hopefully one day) daughter and sons, I want them to know never to hit anyone. But, at the same time, I would want them to learn from it if they did and realize that you pay the price and move on with life.

That's just my stance on everything. We all have different ones. Lol.

I understand what you are saying. I don't drink very much at all anymore. I don't want my kids around that stuff. I don't have to be a part of it growing up, so I learned from it. Some advice for you Ryan if your are ever fortunate enough to have children: teach them early and often what the price is for making mistakes. That way when they get older, they understand before they make a big mistake like that. Also, always explain why you do what you do when you punish or consequence your children. Let them know how much you love them, even when they don't think you do lol. Good luck!

What he did was awful! I cant stand even the thoughts of it but yes I would give him a second chance. In my opinion one more shot and that's it period. It will take a while for him to turn it around but my answer would be yes....one more chance.

That's the way I feel. If we gave Vick another shot. We can give Rice another one.

My thing is he was entirely too calm during the altercation. To me it looks like that wasnt the first time he hit her and it wasnt the first time he knocked her out. Ive never hit anyone hard enough to knock them out but if I did I dont think I would be calm enough to just drag them off.

The Vick's didn't deserve another shot at anything.  I've never hit a woman drunk, stoned, or sober.  Some things are unforgivable and there should not be 2nd chances at a lot of things.  How many criminals are repeat offenders out there??  I tell my stepson and his buddies to make smart decisions and not to get caught in bad situations in the first place because you will not be able to control what happens after you make the wrong move.

Just like Chris Brown.  The P.O.S. needs to be locked away in a straight jacket for the rest of his life.  I don't believe in the thought that everyone can be rehabilitated.