Richlands @ Graham

starcityfootballfan

Didn't he have 37 vs. Abingdon?

Yeah. He did. This is still the "dream team" that are all pretty much sophomores. This year will be tough because the entire team is underclassmen minus 1 or 2. But they will hang in games this year.

It was Fuller that had 37 vs. Abingdon not Ball

Yeah. He did. This is still the "dream team" that are all pretty much sophomores. This year will be tough because the entire team is underclassmen minus 1 or 2. But they will hang in games this year.

It was Fuller that had 37 vs. Abingdon not Ball

Oops. My bad. I wasn't at the game, so the guy who was told me it was Ball.

This team has several that can go off any night. Just need that consistency.

Went to the game last night...  I had a feeling that Graham was going to blow that game wide open at any moment, but they never did.  Lot of missed shots from the perimeter from Graham....  Good thing for Graham is that they can take the ball inside (Workman, Clarke and Hood, Hill when Healthy).  The freshman playing at Center for Graham played very well.  Hill's dislocated fingers hindered him a little, but I think when he is 100% and Graham starts nailing the perimeter shots (which they are very capable of....Hood, Clarke, Morgan and Workman can all stroke the perimeter shot)... they will be hard to deal with.

As far as Richlands having a "dream team" with the sophomores they have....I'd respond to that by saying....yes, they will be pretty tough the next couple of seasons....but Graham's J.V. has some tremendous talent and the 8th grade team has some great talent as well..... I wouldn't go handing anything to Richlands the next couple of seasons...  This is the best crop of young BBallers that have come through Graham in a while, there is a wealth of talent coming up through the wings (Been watching a lot of these kids from little league on up)....A couple of this year's 8th graders could make an impact on Graham's team as freshmen next season..  Taymon Cooke would be contributing as a freshman this season, if not for an injury from an automobile accident...not sure if he'll be back later in the season or not.

I'm interested to see how they play against Bluefield, they missed a ton of shots in the first half of that game at the Armory, could've been a much different outcome if they had shot a decent percentage in the first half.

I think they take this tournament in Bristol this weekend, they are starting to have a little bit of a flow to their offense and they started to break Richland's press in the 2nd half....something they struggled with when Richlands started pressing....but Graham eventually responded well and it led to easy baskets....They had trouble with Bluefield's press in the first contest, too....anxious to see how that works out in round #2 against the Beavers as well.