30 for 30: Hillsborough

Ryan4VT

I love watching these 30 for 30 pieces, and to my surprise, I came across one on the Hillsborough disaster from 1989 tonight. I had no idea there was one produced about it. As a fan of the Premier League, I knew what Hilsborough was, and had done some light reading into it.

But this documentary is outstanding. It does a wonderful job of painting all of the angles, all of the cover ups, it has family members, people who survived the pens, police officers that were there. Just extraordinary. I highly recommend any sports fan with Netflix to go watch it.

I enjoyed it and knew very little about Hillsborough before it as I am a casual soccer fan who will watch some EPL but mainly national events.  I went back and watched other documentaries about it on YouTube and read articles about it as well.  What a mess of a way things were handled at that time there.

Ryan, you probably already know this but Netflix has eight "30 for 30 Soccer Stories" documentaries with Hillsborough being the first in the series.

They are all very good.

Yep. The Hillsborough one led me to more. Loving it.