Union

tornado99

Richlands was employing a thunder (Waldron) and lightning (Blankenship) with backs of different styles until Waldron's injury;however, even though Blankenship is known for his quickness, I have been very impressed with his strength.

You will notice his strength in his running more than you will his speed. Two years ago at Tazewell while playing Richlands to start the game off he took one 45 plus yards to the house while carrying a few Blues on his back, the play was called back for holding! Then the next play they ran the same play as Blankenship was carrying the Blues downfield for another TD that was called back, then on the third attempt the same thing again with the Td counting that time! You will see better runs from Nick up the middle than you will to the outside! He's got talent that's for sure!

You will notice his strength in his running more than you will his speed. Two years ago at Tazewell while playing Richlands to start the game off he took one 45 plus yards to the house while carrying a few Blues on his back, the play was called back for holding! Then the next play they ran the same play as Blankenship was carrying the Blues downfield for another TD that was called back, then on the third attempt the same thing again with the Td counting that time! You will see better runs from Nick up the middle than you will to the outside! He's got talent that's for sure!

We are blessed to have him indeed, especially with the injury to Waldron. Pound for pound, he is one of the strongest I have seen.

Side note: While I am a born and bred Richlands fan, I hate what has become of the Tazewell program in recent years. With family from Tazewell, I have always rooted for them to go 9-1 every year.