Lee JV and Middle @ Gate City

fb-fan24263

Just wanted to share how great Lee high's JV and middle school team done last night. The Middle school team won 30-18 and JV team won 46-22. I'm really looking forward to seeing these 2 Lee teams play together in a couple of years.

Varsity can go 9-1 ,jv and eight grade can destroy everyone and for whatever reason Lee will not get respect. Not sure why, possibly because WJCB or the times does not cover the area. Beat Union and get respect, not an easy task.

Pulling through last year with a solid season got them noticed, there were some unknowns for some heading into this season with a good group gone from last year, but so far things are looking really good, starting off strong, and being in most "top 10" polls seems they won't go unnoticed.   For most, it's when Lee gets to that Union game and the rest of the tougher part of the schedule to see how they stack up. The program has really been lacking consistency in many areas over the past years, but here in recent seasons that appears to be turning around.  There's a different vibe and feel to the atmosphere surrounding them lately, and that's a good thing.

Last season was the first that they deserved respect. Not really good before that.

This thison they come in with a new QB, RB and WR. Thats a lot of unknowns and for people that dont really know football thats too much to lose and be good. I think Lee is in for a good season but the middle of the Mountain is tough and balanced. They may well be a really good team and go 6-4, or they could be 9-1. Union is really good and will be tough to beat

I have a lot of respect for the Lee team.. The biggest negative I see to them getting respect is their strength of schedule. They were great last year and their record showed it. But when you open with TW, Lebanon and Burton you aren't going to earn much respect this early. Especially with the schedules that GC, Richlands, and Union open with. I like seeing Lee being in the mix, it makes the Mountain District and Conference 40 one of the best around IMO.