AHS completes crazy comeback

BigO

Crazy game. Gutsy call to go for 2 after Rustburg went for the PAT after they scored in OT. Abingdon seems to find a way to lose these type games. It was nice to be on the receiving end of a gift. The boys played their hearts out and win or lose they were leaving it all on the field, as they should. They stopped Rustburg on their final drive on 4th down to get the ball back at about their own 40-45. They measured it and had to be super super close. I thought, from my angle, Rustburg had made the first. AHS gets the ball with about 2 mins left and no timeouts left. AHS gets 30 yds for free off of two personal fouls. The scored to bring the score to 27-25. They convert the 2 point play on a quick slant.....which I thought was there all night but they didn't throw it until then. OT and Rustburg scores on 3rd or 4th, can't remember. AHS scores in their second play. Calls timeout and discusses PAT of try for 2. They decide to go for the win. Wallace, who caught the previous 2 pt conversion on that slant, lines up alone on the left. He fakes a slant ( I think) and then kicks out and as usual, Sturgill was money. It was a FAN.TAS.TIC game for AHS. I heard a woman say that we didn't deserve to win that game. I hate that kind of talk. They absolutely deserved to win, no matter how they won. The 2 PF penalties were huge but both were legitimate. That's part of the game. Did it help? You bet it did. But we helped them A TON with about 5-6 encroachment calls at very inopportune times. Part of the game. Deserve to win??? You bet your ass they deserved the win. They didn't quit. They didn't concede. They gave their all. Yeah, I'd say they deserved it. Congrats to those boys. Tough matchup next week, but win or lose, these boys have already done something that hadn't happened it 19 years....win a playoff game. Congrats to them. Congrats to Rustburg for a great game. It's tough to lose and then have to travel a few hours to get home. Trust me, I know. Congrats to all the winners tonight!