Ridgeview basketball

swva_havok_fan

The Wolfpack's inaugural basketball games are tonight at home vs. Grundy.  Wished I could be there, but couldn't possibly make that drive from Bristol on a work night, plus the fact that I am on call and can't be more than 45 minutes away from the office anyway...

Also, as an added bonus, nationally ranked Huntington Prep out of West Virginia takes on Mount Mission tonight, also at Ridgeview, once the Ridgeview/Grundy boys game is complete.  Huntington has a player who has committed to Sparty at Michigan State.

Should be a fun night of basketball.

Anyone going to be able to go?

Also, Ridgeview boys were supposed to play Council last week in a benefit game, does anyone know how that went?

I will be there as my Daughter is on the girls bball team I did see half the Council  game and it was the basketball version of the football game with Jenkins all over again. Ridgeview looked really good but how much of that was Council being really bad I can not say. I plan on watching all 3 games this evening any will try to give you a better breakdown of Ridgeview after that

I will be there as my Daughter is on the girls bball team I did see half the Council  game and it was the basketball version of the football game with Jenkins all over again. Ridgeview looked really good but how much of that was Council being really bad I can not say. I plan on watching all 3 games this evening any will try to give you a better breakdown of Ridgeview after that

Oh no... Lol.  I've became to really like P Wade, Council's coach.  Hate to see him struggle through another year.

No not hurt (as far as I know) but she did bang her knee in the scrimmage vs Northwood (she played for a few mins after that before the coach sat her for the rest of the scrimmage) It was a good move as it was far more important to get a look at the bench players and get a fill for how they are going to play together

RV Girls played well in spurts dictated the pace and dominated the game even after there starting PG went out mid 1st qtr with a dislocated finger

Very impressed with there Trapping and transition game. There half court offence was also solid

They need to work on the half court D and do a better job rebounding.

RV Boys looked solid overall good size good speed good shooting good D (at times)

Only complaint is that after getting up by 10 to 15 points it seemed that they would play lazy for a stretch and let Grundy back within 10 before turning it back on again. That being said it seemed that was not so much the case in the 2nd half and RV was able to push there lead out to 30

No clue how Grundy is suppose to be this season for boys or girls but as I recall neither were that great last season so I think we need to see RV girls and boys vs a better team to get a true idea as to how they actually are this season

• 2 weeks later...

Will be heading over tonight to see the new gym for the first time and taking in the opening night games of the Breaks tournament.  Hoping to at least see one competitive game... I know Castlewood is probably going to stomp a mudhole in Council's hind end and walk it dry, but wonder how Hurley will match up against Ridgeview?