SWVA GAMEDAY

Tigers_07

Who here still thinks we should have a SWVA GAMEDAY, like COLLEGE GAMEDAY. I beleive it would be great, thoughts?

I think it's a wonderful idea in theory, but it's virtually impossible to implement.

Just off the top of my head...

(1) The videography equipment needs to be reasonably good so that the production values aren't crap.  

(2) Compensation is needed 3-5 people for their time and expenses in traveling up to 3.5 hours one-way for "SWVA Gameday".

(3) Decent video footage is needed for any kind of in-depth analysis (good luck with the production values there...)

(4) There would need to be licensing agreements with the schools and school systems to use their sites + IP.

(5) Depending upon what you name it, you may need licensing agreements with ESPN and its partners.

(6) Money.  Money money money.  MONEY.  You need sponsors, and in hefty amounts.

Most importantly:

(7) If this venture is going to be any kind of self-sustaining, it needs to be more than just some Facebook Live or Youtube stream.  That means, you're going to need to sell the brass of WVVA and WCYB on syndicating this.  I can tell you for a 100% ironclad fact that WVVA wouldn't, because it would anger its precious WV audience.  WCYB is going to need a really good reason to buck its Friday programming.  And there isn't one.  The people who would likely tune into a "SWVA Gameday" are people already at games.  It's the reason Friday Night Lights died in a Friday timeslot.

I mean, sure, you could probably rig together a rink-a-dink shoestring affair, but it wouldn't do the idea justice.

It's not feasible to cover everyone and actually provide decent "UNBIASED" (key word) info.

Opinion much like on here would fly and things would get out of hand.

Could you cover from lee to Smyth-Tazewell? Not counting bath Radford etc.

As mentioned above money and video knowledge is a large problem

You can't just buy a blackmagic camera and be done.

1500 for a camera lens (beginner grade)

3k every year for software to interpret and distribution the image

1500 for display and set

Plus labor and time each week

So about 7-10k to start up?