WVVA

futbolking

So, I stay up to watch the hilights of the Graham football game... and all I get to see is Fort Chiswell running 2 td's against Graham's freshmen late in the game.  I went to the game, but seriously.... is this the best they can do????  They can drive all over the state of West Virginia and cover bum flippin back wood high school and show all kinds of hilights...yet, they can't drive across town to get decent hilights of one of their hometown teams.  Ridiculous!!!  

As I type this, I am seeing detailed hilights of freaking Meadow Bridge...

So, I stay up to watch the hilights of the Graham football game... and all I get to see is Fort Chiswell running 2 td's against Graham's freshmen late in the game. I went to the game, but seriously.... is this the best they can do???? They can drive all over the state of West Virginia and cover bum flippin back wood high school and show all kinds of hilights...yet, they can't drive across town to get decent hilights of one of their hometown teams. Ridiculous!!!

As I type this, I am seeing detailed hilights of freaking Meadow Bridge...

There's a lot more that go into it than what you think. I interviews A.J. for a class project and he explained how it worked.

I'd assume that Schwartz (who was at the first quarter of the Richlands game) left after the 1st quarter and then drove to Graham to get some film for it.

I know the week of Tazewell, Good had several cameramen out sick and was terrified because he had no one to cover half of the games. They do the best they can with what they have.

I understand that, but it happens way too often.  You should do your best to cover your hometown teams.  This isn't a one time thing with Graham sports.  They won't drive past Bland County to cover a Graham team.

I'm not watching it anymore, I'll just check out hilights on hudl or something the next day.

I miss Friday Football extra and WDBJ when I lived in the NRV..  They put a good show together.

If you ask someone from Richlands, they'll tell you WVVA never covers them and ONLY covers Graham and Bluefield. Lol. 

Graham kicked off at 7:00.... Richlands kicked off at 7:30... why in the heck would he go to Richlands first and then come back to get hilights of Graham doing mop up duty?... Those hilights came in the last few minutes of that game....he almost didn't make it at all to the game and it wouldn't be the first time that Graham or Bluefield had a home game and they didn't have any hilights...

Graham kicked off at 7:00.... Richlands kicked off at 7:30... why in the heck would he go to Richlands first and then come back to get hilights of Graham doing mop up duty?... Those hilights came in the last few minutes of that game....he almost didn't make it at all to the game and it wouldn't be the first time that Graham or Bluefield had a home game and they didn't have any hilights...

He didn't do Richlands then Graham. He did Richlands then Tazewell. No idea who got footage of Graham, but I'd assume they came from somewhere else and got 2nd half footage for Graham. 

He didn't do Richlands then Graham. He did Richlands then Tazewell. No idea who got footage of Graham, but I'd assume they came from somewhere else and got 2nd half footage for Graham. 

I was responding to what you told me... You said:   "I'd assume that Schwartz (who was at the first quarter of the Richlands game) left after the 1st quarter and then drove to Graham to get some film for it. "

Even so, it was a 7:00 start.... go there first. My whole point is....make sure that you cover your HomeTown team. 

Still....Graham had a 7:00 start... that's my point.

But from a logistics standpoint, if you have 1 person covering two games, it makes more sense time-wise (and more importantly package editing-wise) to go farther away first and then come back to the closer game. Similar to going to Richlands before going to Tazewell. 

I can tell you first hand that every one of those highlight packages that they do takes a LOT more time than you think it does. I would make a 90 second package for VTTV last year and it would take me 45 minutes to edit it and record my voiceover. 

It was a game everyone knew Graham was going to win. Had they been playing Richlands or Bluefield or Giles, etc., they would have had someone there the entire game.

They can't they just send a digital copy of the video to the studio in the year 2016??

They can if they have the van that sends signal. But most of them are out there with just their camera. And even if they sent it back digitally, they still have to edit it themselves and it takes time.

Trust me. This is my major. There's so much more that goes into it.