Calpreps playoff predictions

BigO

Here are your winners for Rd 1. I'm listing just the winner and score prediction:

Abingdon 42-21

Parry McCluer 31-17

Hurley 42-28

Patrick Henry 21-17

George Wythe 56-6

Chilhowie 41-17

Ft Chis 44-12

Narrows 34-28

Galax 48-3

Richlands 42-6

Martinsville 38-10

Graham 48-7

Union 44-13

Dan River 40-6

Giles 28-17

Appomatox 50-6

I also posted this is last week's Cal Preps predictions, but as it was a week old, don't know if anyone saw it, so this might be the more appropriate/helpful place.

I'd honestly never heard of these, but I couldn't stop playing around with them and wasted an entire day by the time I was done (thanks a lot guys)! Seriously though, I had a lot of fun, particularly with matching up games that I either played in or my teams against todays, and so on.

Suffice it to say (not that it was any surprise), this Abingdon team would've killed any AHS team I played on. In fact, going back all the way to '03 (the first year available for non-Cal teams), this year's Abingdon team defeated all others according to Cal Preps (even '15 Abingdon, and I'm not so sure about that).

Also, yes, if you're wondering, I projected '16 Abingdon against every team in the state this year from all classes. They lost to 68 teams (at least by last week's metrics), which is about what I would expect. That said, it's hard to project playing up from 3A to 4, 5 or 6A on paper. Abingdon beat a considerable amount of 6A teams according to Cal Preps, and despite being confident that this Abingdon team is among the best in 3A, I'm a realist too, and know that's an entirely different endeavor. So I have mixed thoughts about how that kind of game would go.

If you want to know the list of 68 teams, message me and I'll send them to you (and the score). It's just too lengthy to post here.

You forgot one.

Glenvar 31-14

Thanks Ryan....but it's your fault I forgot that one! Lol....I used your pick'em list to go by and the Glenvar/Gate City game is the GOW....so it was listed at bottom of page and I didn't scroll down that far....my bad, thanks for getting it!

Thanks Ryan....but it's your fault I forgot that one! Lol....I used your pick'em list to go by and the Glenvar/Gate City game is the GOW....so it was listed at bottom of page and I didn't scroll down that far....my bad, thanks for getting it!

Passing the buck, eh?