J.I. Burton @ Galax

tbgfan

Here is the writeup in BHC on J.I. Burton and Galax along with prediction:

J.I. Burton (8-3 at Galax (9-2)

Last meeting:  Galax 35, J.I. Burton 12 (Nov 28, 2015 in Norton, VA)

Dougie Peoples scored two TD's as Galax got the best of J.I. Burton in last year's VHSL 1A state quarterfinals.  Peoples is still piling up the yards these days as he is the fourth different Galax RB in the last four years to top the 2,000-yard rushing mark.  He has gained 2,115 yards on the ground and scored 35 total TD's.... John Key (49 tackles) and Levi Reynolds (461/2 tackles) lead the Maroon Tide's defense....Galax's only losses came to Fort Chiswell and Graham in back-to-back weeks in October.  The Maroon Tide has won four straight since then and hammered Honaker, 62-14, last week....J.I. Burton has won eight straight since a 0-3 start....Two of those losses came to teams still playing:  Union and Chilhowie...Sophomore Tyree Bolling and freshman Mikey Culbertson have both rushed for more than 1,000 yards this season for Burton....Culbertson is also one the Raiders top tacklers along with Ethan Cates, Andrew Cavins and Austin Lane....Galax  will be too much  for Burton for the second straight year.

Prediction:  Galax 38, J.I. Burton 13