Gate City @ TN High updates anyone?

RiverRat24

For those of you that are there, feel free to post an update when you can. I'm keeping up with it on Twitter but was curious on the details of how the Devils look. Without Dean and this one being played at TN High... I expect this game to be a little bit closer than last time they played.

Was hoping a few players would step up in the void left by Dean being out and GC would be able to maintain without him. His absence is definitely missed though as evidenced by the past 2 nights. Still 2 solid wins....But seems like GC is letting off the throttle a smidgen bit in the 2nd half. Maybe this has helped a couple bench players and hopefully the game against Lee on Tuesday Scotty will be able to get them even more playing time.

I'm not sure how well GC shot the ball tonight against TN High....But I seen where GC shot like 14% from deep against Battle last night and only hit 61% from the FT line. GC also shot 64% from the stripe against Central. Need to clean up the freebies. Having a bad night from deep will happen....But the Devils need to shore up their FT percentage. Against the teams in the MD it's probably not gonna cost them....But down the road that will come back to bite them.

Was hoping a few players would step up in the void left by Dean being out and GC would be able to maintain without him. His absence is definitely missed though as evidenced by the past 2 nights. Still 2 solid wins....But seems like GC is letting off the throttle a smidgen bit in the 2nd half. Maybe this has helped a couple bench players and hopefully the game against Lee on Tuesday Scotty will be able to get them even more playing time.

I watched both games. They don't seem to be able to spread the floor without Dean in the lineup. They are sitting on the ball alot, too; playing at a very slow pace.

I watched both games. They don't seem to be able to spread the floor without Dean in the lineup. They are sitting on the ball alot, too; playing at a very slow pace.

I think in time GC could manage without him. But it would take several games to adjust and I think GC would have to change up their normal game plan just a little bit.

I'm not sure how well GC shot the ball tonight against TN High....But I seen where GC shot like 14% from deep against Battle last night and only hit 61% from the FT line. GC also shot 64% from the stripe against Central. Need to clean up the freebies. Having a bad night from deep will happen....But the Devils need to shore up their FT percentage. Against the teams in the MD it's probably not gonna cost them....But down the road that will come back to bite them.

They seemed to shoot better tonight from the field. But TN High's Defense is not nearly as good as Battle's Defense.

Yea TN High doesn't really have a defense that's for sure. Battle has a tough team from what few minutes of the game I seen. Since I left and didn't get to see what all happened I wasn't sure if it was Battles defense or just poor shooting from deep or a combination of both that caused that 14%.

Yea TN High doesn't really have a defense that's for sure. Battle has a tough team from what few minutes of the game I seen. Since I left and didn't get to see what all happened I wasn't sure if it was Battles defense or just poor shooting from deep or a combination of both that caused that 14%.

Battle's defense wasn't very good. They gave up several offensive rebounds and their help on drives was non existent. Gate City got out to a decent lead and put it in on cruise control. The lead was never in any real danger. It was hard to tell what kind of offense Gate City has in place. Seemed very free lance and a lot of one-on-one but against a team that has more athletes GC is going to have to do something different. 

Nah... Ridgeview may have very well beat Battle is Steve Honaker's crew wasn't officiating.