The 101st edition of the V-T game

Bearcat Dad

It's no secret that Tn. High has a big advantage in the overall series of one of the oldest rivalries in the country(even got a shout-out from the College Game Day crew during the Battle at Bristol pre-game show), but they have fallen on hard times lately. VHS had numerous opportunities to win this game at the Castle last year but after throwing 4 first half interceptions and 5 total turnovers for the game, THS got the win in a sloppy game by both teams. When these 2 teams played at the JV level 2 years ago, it was a one point game with a blocked extra point being the difference. I said that night, that VHS would win this game in 2 years when these lineups make up the Varsity squads. I'm sticking to that. VHS gets the upset win.

VHS - 27

THS - 21

Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, Bearcat Bob said:

I wish I could be as optimistic as you fellows...but after seeing so many losses over the years, and playing in 4 V-T games, I just do not see it happening. Here's to hoping I am wrong!

I definitely understand that, as I have been around this rivalry for a long time and was actually fortunate enough to be a part of a win in my first year as a starter during my Sophomore year. I'm just going by how well I know this group of Bearcats, and Vikings for that matter, and the fact that all the ingredients are there for the chance for a win. Rarely do I expect VHS to be competitive in this game, much less win. I would not be surprised if THS wins but I do believe that this is one of those rare years where VHS actually has more talent.