Bluefield @ Lord Botetourt

Beavers Rule

Hated this BS.  I truly thought when Bluefield got the ball back, the Beavers would score an win it.  Credit LB's run defense and you can't take anything away from that, but good Lord, there must have been a total of six 1 on 1 tackles by LB defenders 3 yards off the line of scrimmage that could have been not just huge gains, but scores, and I will be damned if LB didn't go 6 for 6 on those 1 on 1 near misses and I mean near misses.  Play by play, Bluefield couldn't run it at all, but...….there were about 5-6 absolute near misses, a one on one tackle that would have had big gains or touchdowns, and LB went 6-6.  Not to mention, several Bluefield WR's running not open, but WIDE open and the ball just inches to high or one foot to the left or right.  The loss of Johnson was huge tonight and I think the difference in the game.  This loss has to sting for Bluefield because I just had the feeling from the opening kickoff the Beavers were going to win it.   Bluefield is/was good enough to beat them and that's when a loss is tough.  Good luck to the Beavers the rest of the way and may the Beavers go on to bring home a 12th.

IF If's and But's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. LB dominated the line of scrimmage from start to finish. Played without two of their best players most of the night, and won the game. When it mattered most, LB made plays and Bluefield could not.

1 minute ago, BigRV said:

IF If's and But's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

Good point, but that point or post could be applied to almost 99% of posts on a message board of which people give opinions.  Also, I don't celebrate Christmas.....

BigRV good point about playing without 2 two of your best players.  Your line is HUGE, no doubt but you have to give Bluefield’s defensive line at least a little credit on the job they did throughout the night. Keep in mind Bluefield was without I. Johnson who is only one of the top rated corner backs in the country and on the offensive side of the ball has a little to say as well.  Bluefield was also without their starting safety R. Brown and a couple of other tough kids.  So, you are right on the “candy and nuts” but this game could have clearly gone either way in a hurry.  Congrats to LB on getting it done though and good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, SWVsportsNUT said:

BigRV good point about playing without 2 two of your best players.  Your line is HUGE, no doubt but you have to give Bluefield’s defensive line at least a little credit on the job they did throughout the night. Keep in mind Bluefield was without I. Johnson who is only one of the top rated corner backs in the country and on the offensive side of the ball has a little to say as well.  Bluefield was also without their starting safety R. Brown and a couple of other tough kids.  So, you are right on the “candy and nuts” but this game could have clearly gone either way in a hurry.  Congrats to LB on getting it done though and good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

What people do not know is that LB was without their top 2 players as well. Bluefield will rebound and come back stronger after this tough loss.