Tazewell Vs. Marion

bulldog05-CO2017

Battle of the dragon. Who gets it? I'm guessing Tazewell is gonna take a run for it and not let down coming off a hard played loss. Tazewell may have lost to the Riverheads, but man did they give them a ball game. Well, considering costly mistakes that I'm sure will be addressed in this weeks practice. From what I've seen Tazewell is really here to show what they are capable of. I called it four years ago when Chance and his class was all young. Go Dawgs!

Marion beat Chilhowie, and was the better team, but there's a large margin of talent difference between 1A and 2A in SWVA right now, and a wide margin between the top of the SWD and the bottom. Marion's better than most people (myself included) thought they would be, but assuming Tazewell doesn't sleepwalk badly, they shouldn't have a problem in this one.

2 hours ago, Canes00 said:

Tazewell should and will win this game easily I’m just glad the Canes beat Chilhowie I was figuring on a winless season for the Canes so they proved me wrong so I am glad about that.

Don’t say that. There were a few years I said that and they fooled me!! Lol. But I agree with you, no disrespect towards Marion. They are just having some down years. I remember all the down years the dawgs had. It was a long drought!

Tazewell played well against Riverheads.  Threw an INT that was returned inside of their 10 early in the 3rd, then turned it over on downs later in the 3rd inside of the RiverHead's 10.  Those 2 turnovers was the difference, I think.  They moved the ball well on offense.  Defense, I think was worn down late in that game and forced a couple of 4th downs on that final drive by Riverheads, but couldn't come up with the stop on 4th down.  They shouldn't see an offense like that the rest of the way, it will be interesting to see how they do.

Tazwell moved the ball very well. Didn't have a lot of success on the ground but had guys running open all day. The two big third down plays were the difference. The QB not running and throwing it short when Tazwell had ball near the 10 on third down and then allowing the FB to run for around ten on third and long to set up fourth and manageable after two penalties had Riverheads in third and very long. A stop there and may be they attempt a FG to go up seven and Tazwell still has a shot.

6 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tazewell played well against Riverheads.  Threw an INT that was returned inside of their 10 early in the 3rd, then turned it over on downs later in the 3rd inside of the RiverHead's 10.  Those 2 turnovers was the difference, I think.  They moved the ball well on offense.  Defense, I think was worn down late in that game and forced a couple of 4th downs on that final drive by Riverheads, but couldn't come up with the stop on 4th down.  They shouldn't see an offense like that the rest of the way, it will be interesting to see how they do.

I agree. As every year tazewell has good potential. As a bulldog fan I just hope they beat Richlands. I want to see tazewell defeat Richlands before my time comes. That’s nothing against Richlands I just wanna see it happen. & I think tazewell has a strong chance to this year. They have the talent. But Richlands does too! Go dawgs!