Richlands vs VA High

Gridiron60

I know some have already commented on this match up in the Week 10 updates. If Richlands somehow manages the win, it will slightly upset the Apple cart as far as playoff brackets. I figured since 2nd place in district rides on this game, it deserved its own thread. Do I think Richlands wins? Unlikely! Do I think anything is possible at this point? Absolutely! 

Agree.  I would expect a good game from the blues,  with basically a home  playoff game on the line. VHS speed will be an issue however and I’m not sure how good the  VHS line is.  Brown has ran really hard the last couple of weeks.   Teams are content to double Webb , and they have  wasted him at Wr most of the year , and on average,  take  less than one deep shot down field per game. The blues have not found an offensive identity all season and it appears to be to late.   Only way they have a shot is to run those 2 together in backfield in some capacity . Passing game is the worse I’ve seen from a Richlands team.  Ever.    Even the 90s , pre spread teams could play fake and throw to a TE occasionally.  

2 hours ago, CPF said:

If Vhigh leaves both thomas kids delany and poku in bristol then vhigh only wins by a td. If they bring them 28+

Would like to have some of the peace pipe you are smoking. This game is extremely close…Can’t wait to come back next Friday evening to verify!!

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Richlands stays home abs discipline defense, they have a chance.  VHS living on big plays and very little d. Marion exposed weakness and drove it 5x before turning it over in the red zone. 

VA High was also missing its main defensive player..but yes they were driving the ball and committed 8 turnovers?

Not sure whats going on woth VHS. Ive watched a couple games on NFHS and they were struggling with scoring points recently, against Lebanon and Marion. Maybe another team as well. Shouldnt say struggling, but compared to what theyve put up most of the year. Marion moved the ball pretty well through the air. But i think they had 6 turnovers. I Believe it was 21-0 at half. If VHS plays to their ability it shouldn't be close. And if they don't have any kids out. This is one of the worst Richlands teams ive seen. They're definitely not bottom feeders. They seem to play better in the second half. So if it's close at halftime, anything could happen.

5 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Not sure whats going on woth VHS. Ive watched a couple games on NFHS and they were struggling with scoring points recently, against Lebanon and Marion. Maybe another team as well. Shouldnt say struggling, but compared to what theyve put up most of the year. Marion moved the ball pretty well through the air. But i think they had 6 turnovers. I Believe it was 21-0 at half. If VHS plays to their ability it shouldn't be close. And if they don't have any kids out. This is one of the worst Richlands teams ive seen. They're definitely not bottom feeders. They seem to play better in the second half. So if it's close at halftime, anything could happen.

So, VA High scored 35 against Lebanon on Tuesday night game, and 48 on a rain soaked game against Marion, and that was struggling to score points?

4 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

So, VA High scored 35 against Lebanon on Tuesday night game, and 48 on a rain soaked game against Marion, and that was struggling to score points?

Like i said i shouldnt have used the word struggling. Didnt catch the whole games. A lot of those points came in the 4th qrtr to Marion. Also against Lebanon it was only 14-0 at half. Im sure u understand where i was coming from. If i was a VHS fan it would have me a little concerned is all. Many other games they were scoring in the 50s and 60s. But of course i didnt know all the circumstances. If they had players out and such. I also couldn't tell it was raining watching online. Im sure if you're not concerned being a fan then they're fine. Just an outsiders perspective.

1 minute ago, Westisthebest said:

Like i said i shouldnt have used the word struggling. Didnt catch the whole games. A lot of those points came in the 4th qrtr to Marion. Also against Lebanon it was only 14-0 at half. Im sure u understand where i was coming from. If i was a VHS fan it would have me a little concerned is all. Many other games they were scoring in the 50s and 60s. But of course i didnt know all the circumstances. If they had players out and such. I also couldn't tell it was raining watching online. Im sure if you're not concerned being a fan then they're fine. Just an outsiders perspective.

I would say VA HIgh hasn’t beat Richlands in 22 years, and our “So called?” Injuries are a concern.  I would favor Richlands in the game, until VA HIgh proves they can beat them.  Just a realist perspective, not a “HYPOTHETICAL” one.

Richlands has played good at times, but sloppy most of the time.  Cannot keep turning the ball over and expect to win.  Virginia High has played pretty consistant IMO and should win this game by at least 2-TD's, but it will all come down to the players on the field.  I am a true blue fan, but I still don't believe a team that is below 500% deserves to even be in the playoff's, but VHSL makes the rules and even with the worst record Richlands has had in several years, they still have a chance for a first round home game.  I hope both teams have all the players healthy, and the game is played with good sportsmanship both on the field and in the stands, and all players are safe.  Could be a very interesting game, and the winner will have to put forth a valent effort, lke every time these two meet. Good luck to both teams.  GO BLUES!!!