Giles/Glenvar

SWVAgridiron

Just making this thread to update on the status of this game. Last I heard multiple Giles players have been placed in quarantine and there is a possibility of this game not being played. Giles has been very fortunate from the Spring season to now on not having Covid issues but it looks like it may have finally caught up with us. I’ll update as I hear more. 

31 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Just making this thread to update on the status of this game. Last I heard multiple Giles players have been placed in quarantine and there is a possibility of this game not being played. Giles has been very fortunate from the Spring season to now on not having Covid issues but it looks like it may have finally caught up with us. I’ll update as I hear more. 

Sorry for posting above.  I didn't see your post and wouldn't have posted about it, if I had read yours first.  Consider us LUCKY SWVAgridiron.  See my post above about why we are lucky and likely just dodged a bullet that was coming our way, but it got here early enough to where we can recover in time.   And by going through this right now, it's unlikely (possible, but unlikely) that we will go through this again in 2 weeks when it starts to truly matter.

2 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Sorry for posting above.  I didn't see your post and wouldn't have posted about it, if I had read yours first.  Consider us LUCKY SWVAgridiron.  See my post above about why we are lucky and likely just dodged a bullet that was coming our way, but it got here early enough to where we can recover in time.   And by going through this right now, it's unlikely (possible, but unlikely) that we will go through this again in 2 weeks when it starts to truly matter.

One of the Giles players just said that it was 3 starters and that one may return on Friday and the other 2 next Monday so it may not be as bad as it was originally told. The team is still practicing right now which is a plus. 

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

One of the Giles players just said that it was 3 starters and that one may return on Friday and the other 2 next Monday so it may not be as bad as it was originally told. The team is still practicing right now which is a plus. 

I heard exactly that, 3 starters, 5 players total.  Didn't hear about the other one possibly returning.  I hate to get into the vax situation because it always stirs up stupid a** politics, but........it tells me we probably have quite a bit of kids vax'd on our team since we are still practicing.  The CDC says you do not even need to quarantine if you have been vax'd.  You can literally share the same spoon (don't recommend it) of someone with Covid, and if you have been vax'd, you can go to school, practice, go on about your life, and they only recommend a test in 3-5 days.  Tells me we likely have quite a few vaxd, but I can't be sure.

I’m not gonna debate it either but I will say I recommend the vaccine. The science behind it as well as the numbers show that it is effective especially when it comes to easing the symptoms of Covid. Most of my family as well as my gfs family have gotten vaxd and none of us have any regrets. 

8 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m not gonna debate it either but I will say I recommend the vaccine. The science behind it as well as the numbers show that it is effective especially when it comes to easing the symptoms of Covid. Most of my family as well as my gfs family have gotten vaxd and none of us have any regrets. 

When I was a kid, if I didn't personally witness people dropping dead from the vaccine, I would have told them to double up on the vax, if it meant I could play football.  Now, maybe I was a dumba**, and my wife reminds of this daily, but I'm just coming from the standpoint of playing football.  If they told me, if you get the vax, it doesn't matter if you've been around somebody with Covid, you can still play and don't have to quarantine.  That right there would have done it for me.  That would have been enough.  My next question would have been as* or arm, where do you want to give it?  And that decision for me would have been overwhelmingly football based, and probably not giving much thought as to whether the vaccines works, doesn't works, etc.  Wouldn't have mattered to me.  Again, I know times have changed, and maybe, I can see the other side where people are more focused on health choices, etc.  I don't know.  Can only speak for me and how I know I would have felt, if age 16-17 again.  I wanted to PLAY

P.S. I certainly am a dumba**, but I do have common sense.  My common sense tells me, I have seen a BUNCH of people I know, friends, even some distant family that recently had funerals.  They are dead.  They are buried due to Covid, and that's sad.  I can't seemingly recall to have ever met ONE human, just ONE, that is now crippled from the vaccine, or is now immunocompromised from the vaccine, or has had any other reaction to the vaccine other than mild flu like symptoms for a couple of days.  This is my experience.

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

A no contest here could have serious implications for Glenvar. That's a lot of rider points left on the table that Glenvar would receive with a win Ina very tight race with Appo for the 1 seed. 

And a win by Giles would probably give Appo the 1 seed 

1 hour ago, Topper22 said:

A no contest here could have serious implications for Glenvar. That's a lot of rider points left on the table that Glenvar would receive with a win Ina very tight race with Appo for the 1 seed. 

And a win by Giles would probably give Appo the 1 seed 

If it's a no contest, Glenvar would be fine, but a loss would require several games to go their way to retain the #1 seed.