2D Playoffs

BandanaVTDavis4321

1.  Lee or GC?  UVA Observer has it for Lee, VHSLhelper has it for Gate City

2.  The Region Title Game.  I understand it comes down to power points only, or is by seeding first?, and if the same seed, it then goes to power points?   I ask because I've read a few posts on here stating the Region Title Game comes down to power points.  This could be another problem if Richlands and Va High were to advance somehow to the Region Title Game.  See Below... The obvious issue has been pointed out in round two on this board about how a team like Graham could actually not get to play the lowest remaining seed in round two, but that's the way they are doing it.  But, there's even another potential unfair scenario for the Region Title, if both Richlands and Va High somehow got there.  See below....

The playoffs should look like this

1 Graham plays 4 GC/Lee and the winner of this game plays the winner of 2 Union vs 3 Va High

1.Central plays 4 Tazewell, and the winner of this game plays the winner of 2 Richlands vs 3 Ridgeview

In the above scenario, if the Region Title has already been agreed on that it's power ranking and not seeding, then if VH and Richlands won both games of the playoffs and meet in the Region Title game, Va High, a 3 seed would actually host 2 seed Richlands as they have a higher power rating than Richlands, even though they lost to Richlands head to head, had a worse district record, and had a lower seed, VA High would actually host the football game!  Again, IF some of the posts on here over the last week are correct that the Region Title game comes down to power rating only.  I've read seeding first, then if the same seed, it's power rating.  I've also read strictly....only power rating and no seeding mentioned for the Region Title.

The above is kind of my question.  I have no idea how it works.  I would think that common sense would come into play and obviously, Richlands, a 2 seed would host Va High, a 3 seed, but again with the whole issue on how Lee High is somehow possibly in the playoffs after losing to GC and having a worse district record, then I guess anything is possible.

Covid or no Covid, back take by Region D AD's.  Probably should have just left shi* alone and take the top 8 in power ratings like normal, and play 1 vs 8, etc. etc.  I get the feelign they didn't fully think this thing through.  With the way Richlands looked, sure, it would be an upset if they advanced to the Region Title Game, but the way they looked tonight, I can't say I would be absolutely shocked.  Anything is possible.

In the end, you will have to beat at least two good teams to win the region, nobody should get a free ride, including the #1 seed.  Seeding for a single team to advance is not as important as some make it out to be.  If two teams were to advance, it would be more important so as not to have the two best teams meet in the semis.  But with this group, there are at least two very good teams in each half of the bracket, and another in each side capable of pulling off a major upset.